The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 27, 2013, 05:00 PM   #26
Doyle

Quote:
I don't have an Express, but I've been wipeing my old Wingmaster down with "ED'S RED" forever, and anything and everything else, and no rust
That's because your Wingmaster has a real blued finish instead of the matte crap on the Express.
Old June 27, 2013, 05:07 PM   #27
Bake

So, I guess the answer to my OP is the 870 Wingmaster is a good shotgun, and worth what you pay for it. While the 870 Express is not, and you will get what you pay for....
Old June 27, 2013, 06:55 PM   #28
Pahoo

Yes !!!

Quote:
So, I guess the answer to my OP is the 870 Wingmaster is a good shotgun, and worth what you pay for it. While the 870 Express is not, and you will get what you pay for....
The Wingmasters are excellent shotguns and as for the Express, as long as you know what you are getting and can live with it, then they are just okay. ..

Be Safe !!!
Old June 27, 2013, 11:24 PM   #29
radom

Having both I can't tell a hill of beans difference in performance between them. The express has a blue finish over sandblast so it is more work to keep it from trying to rust on the outside. Its also a great base finish for a spray coat type finish to stick to so you have a much more rust resistent gun than the wingmaster.
Old June 29, 2013, 11:40 PM   #30
Dreaming100Straight

Quote:
Not at all. The Express is well worth the cost, but if you have the bucks spring for the Wingmaster.
Old July 1, 2013, 04:20 AM   #31
Splice

Would ceracoating an 870 remove the rust problem? Externally at least