The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 20, 2013, 09:40 AM   #26
spacecoast

Quote:
I imagine a forum for squirrels and they're chatting about if it's better to be hit by a Cadillac Escalade or an 18 Wheeler.
Nonsense Peetza, everybody knows squirrels chat about things like "who has the best nuts?"
Old June 20, 2013, 10:00 AM   #27
Constantine

Quote:
I've shot (or been near) and unfortunate number of handgun discharges when I wasn't wearing protection.
Yeah, I shot a full mag out of my SIG P226 and changed mags and shot a few more. Right after I heard a ringing for such a long time..I don't recall when it finally subsided. Heck, I bet I'm still hearing it and got used to it.

Home defense, I agree with getting the electronic ear muffs for all the time. But home defense would be great to have those.

There should be a surgery for avid shooters that you flip a switch and you have it already installed in your ears. (Perfect shooters world, that was a huge joke).

I also second getting something that you feel is effective and that YOU shoot effectively.

Carry the strongest and biggest gun you can train with and are the most adequate with, that you actually want to and can carry!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen