The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 8, 2013, 03:25 PM   #51
Silver00LT

Man my equipment is on the UPS truck and I am sitting here waiting on them like a little child about to open Christmas presents.
Old July 10, 2013, 08:22 AM   #52
Silver00LT

Well got her setup and running. The Safety Primer System takes a good getting use to. I'm averaging around 110rnds/hr right now as the priming system will drop the primers if not fully inserted into prime ram. So I rate her 4.5 out of 5 stars. .5 because after I prime the case I have to manually turn the turret back to align everything back up(not hard or a pain) and then the learning curve for the priming system.

I do love it though.

For the Lee Classic Turret, Pro Auto Disk Charger, Powder Riser, Safety Primer system, Classic Turret Safety Primer BRACKET the cost was exactly $198.90 with shipping.

My goal is to have a COMPLETE setup for EACH caliber(minus sizing/decapping die as I trim all my rifle cases). For a caliber setup to allow quick and zero adjustments or swap overs comes to $63.00 which is great compared to other presses. My brass cleaning station has my single stage press that will house my rifle decapping/sizing dies.

Excuse the mess currently working on setting up my brass cleaning station(the entire other desk)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130710_081129_190.jpg (248.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130710_081150_542.jpg (249.6 KB, 9 views)
Old July 10, 2013, 08:33 AM   #53
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

You shouldn't have to line it back up after priming.

It sounds like your auto-indexing rod is slightly out of alignment. You just need a couple of wrenches to turn it ever so slightly.
Old July 10, 2013, 05:30 PM   #54
Silver00LT

I read that in the instructions as I knew something wasn't right from ALL the videos I watched. 4.5 is still a strong rating for this press. Probably will end up giving it a 5 star review on MidwayUSA as with any new piece of equipment you always have that slight learning curve.

It was pull out of box ready to start reloading after I mounted it. I'm getting the hang of the priming system now. I dropped ONE this time because I didn't push down to make sure it was seated.