The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 18, 2013, 06:20 AM   #51
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbineKid
. . . . What I don't understand is why firefighters get a discount. I'm pretty sure a glock will not put out a fire
No, it won't, but meth labs explode fairly easily. Also, firefighters are dispatched to a lot of things that don't necessarily include fires, such as auto accidents. Firefighters don't have any control over where they'll be dispatched.

Glock made a decision to offer the discount to all sorts of folks, including police, firefighters, EMTs, court staff.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman
Old June 18, 2013, 08:16 AM   #52
1hogfan83

The gun store I worked at in college (AR) had a guy that would come in, buy a gun, fill out paper work, and then say,"I'll be back in 5 days." He had a very common name lol. When I lived in Iowa you had to get a gun permit, not like a ccw, that took 5 days but that took care of the hassle of waiting for each individual gun.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old June 18, 2013, 08:21 AM   #53
Spats McGee
Staff

1hogfan83, why 5 days? Does AR have a waiting period that I don't know about?

Edit: never mind. It's early and I didn't catch the snag with the "common name."

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman