The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 5, 2013, 01:54 PM   #26
Erno86

Caspian Arms sells cool looking 1911 frames, slides and parts. Cylinder & Slide sells a couple of nice pistols. STI pistol's are very accurate. Wish I could afford a Freedom Arms pistol. Merkel comes too mind, along with Cooper and any used Parker's; which are some of the best used double side by side shotguns.

--- George Orwell

Last edited by Erno86; June 5, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old June 5, 2013, 08:13 PM   #27
bac1023

Most Expensive Handguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
Brian (BAC1023) already showed you his gems, so I can kepp my old Korth beater and SIG P210-4 photos in the bucket.

But how about some nice Swiss Hämmerlis?

Or some old Anschütz or Walther KKJ rimfire sporters?

Even airguns can be very well made, these are a bunch of old Feinwerkbau 150 and 300S match rifles.
Very nice, Andy
Old June 6, 2013, 12:31 PM   #28
lifesizepotato

I have to say, I'm somewhat happy about the recent surge in prices that Matebas have seen.

But I also have empathy for those who didn't get on board early enough.

As far as high dollar guns that are worth the entry fee, I agree with others about P210s, Korths, MR73s, and let's not forget S&W Registered Magnums and Triple Locks. Someone also mentioned Pardinis, and my GT9 is my absolute favorite semi-auto for the range.
Old June 7, 2013, 09:39 AM   #29
bac1023

Beautiful collection, LSP

As for the Pardini GT9, I tend to agree with you. Its one of the best shooting pistols I own...

Old June 8, 2013, 01:14 PM   #30
barnbwt

Glad you joined the forum, LifeSizePotato, I've been a fan of your online Mateba shrine for a while, now; very informative. That picture is pure awesomeness, and would surely make Ghisoni smile. You need to pick up one or two of the carbines that pop up online occasionally and you'll be set

I've seen what you mean about the prices of late; the going rate's jumped up about one or two grand in the last six months or so, which is weird because I'm seeing more for sale than ever before ???. It seems like supply is driving demand. If this continues, whoever owns the patents at this point could make an easy killing making repros--one can only hope

TCB