The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 29, 2013, 11:28 AM   #51
Jacobie

Haha, thanks.
Old May 29, 2013, 02:51 PM   #52
mdd

I would send him a link to gunbroker's user policy specifically referencing the section about maintaining a correct address. Tell him that you abided by the policies whereas he did not. You shipped the item and received confirmation of delivery to the address on file with gun broker. If this was not correct it is his fault...not yours.
Please don't take this the wrong way but even in this thread you come across as caring and kind-hearted enough that people like this guy may see you as a mark. You have fulfilled your obligations to this transaction. As far as I can see you are done with it and with him.
Old May 29, 2013, 04:25 PM   #53
fragtagninja

This has BS written all over it brother. I suppose that someone could have taken the package if the driver left it in front of the door. Which they do sometimes even when they are not supposed to. I have had them do that with things that had to be signed for. Still this smells fishy to me.
Old May 29, 2013, 04:31 PM   #54
Mike Irwin
Staff

I think at this point I'd simply reiterate that you shipped the address that he provided on Gun Broker, that you'll be in touch if the package is shipped back, and end it there.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 29, 2013, 04:41 PM   #55
Jacobie

Without calling him a scammer I basically said the above Mike. I said due to the sketchy feeling I was getting about the situation, due to him be kicked off gunbroker, not updating his address.
Old May 30, 2013, 07:35 AM   #56
Mike Irwin
Staff

What was the cost of what he ordered?

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:26 AM   #57
Jacobie

He sent me a check for $170, honestly I maybe made $20, was more trying to help those out who coukdnt find the ammo.
Old May 30, 2013, 05:59 PM   #58
colbad

Personally I would have confirmed the mailing address. Of more concern to me would be who got the ammo shipped? I am a little perplexed though by the comment concerning "not living at the address" and "checking he front desk". Was he living in some flee bag motel that had a front desk?
Old May 30, 2013, 07:53 PM   #59
Jacobie

Doubt it, I took it has an condo with a front desk.
Old May 30, 2013, 07:55 PM   #60
Jacobie

Yea, looking back I should have confirmed it, but honestly why should I. He should have updated it. He is stating that the old address is empty now and has been since he moved, but he would ask the realtor to go by there to check(said that a week or so ago) but never answered me about if they found it.
Old May 31, 2013, 10:54 PM   #61
kilimanjaro

He has sensed you are malleable and is working you, to get you to give in and send him all or part of his money back, in addition to keeping the goods which he received, whether he admits it or not.

Ignore him completely, and block all future emails. Don't feel bad about it, he's done it to other folks as well as you, that's what got him kicked off Gunbroker. Probably kicked off Ebay and other sites, too.