The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 15, 2013, 05:40 PM   #26
Yung.gunr

My Dad got the Stingray. While I have not had the chance to shoot it yet the quality feels great for how much he paid. Its really nice and if had the money I would have bought one as well.

Like others have said, the DA is a little stiff on his and it would be nice if it had a safety/decocker instead of just the safety, but you can't have everything for such a low price.

The only thing that worries me about the Canik is the parts/mag/holster availability. I know they are mostly making clones of other guns but that's not to say that they will have direct parts interchangeability with the originals..

Overall, I would still buy one at the prices they are selling for.
Old May 15, 2013, 09:35 PM   #27
Walter

Quote:
The only thing that worries me about the Canik is the parts/mag/holster availability. I know they are mostly making clones of other guns but that's not to say that they will have direct parts interchangeability with the originals.
One point about that, I have a High Noon paddle holster built specifically for a first model CZ RAMI, and the C100 Canik fits in it almost perfectly. The only difference I can see between it and the RAMI is that the muzzle of the Canik sticks out of the bottom of the holster about a quarter of an inch. For me, that is no problem.

Walter
Old May 16, 2013, 04:53 AM   #28
myusername

^^ Same here, for my GF's Shark (and mine when it comes) we are using a leather holster made for a Taurus PT145. It's about a 95% fit. The barrel shows out the bottom a bit over an inch it that's an issue.

I think they are the kind of guns you just have to take to a store that carries a decent holster selection and try until one fits. Or order something custom made.
Old May 20, 2013, 09:36 PM   #29
Kevin_d77

Well, just ordered a C100 tonight. Went back and forth between that and the Stingray but the general consensus was that the C100 is lighter and slightly cheaper so I rolled with it.

Don't own a CZ yet, but this is my second "clone". And I absolutely love my IMI Baby Eagle. Hope this one doesn't disappoint!

Last edited by Kevin_d77; May 20, 2013 at 09:44 PM.