The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old October 24, 2013, 07:03 PM   #26
Sierra280

It's really just personal preference.

I shot this group at 100yds (attached photo), with my 700 sps-v 26" 308. Using the FACTORY stock and the cheapest factory ammo I could find (PMC Bronze, 147gr NATO FMJ). This was the first box of ammo the rifle had down it.

I still changed the stock because I'm a tall guy, 6'5" with long arms. The length of pull was too short and the comb too low for a good cheek weld. But I certainly wasn't unhappy with the factory stocks performance.

Edit--I realize 5 shots is a group, this is just a few shots. But, I was just having fun and trying to get some lead down my new smoke pole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (244.1 KB, 11 views)

The Shooters and Reloaders Record Book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/149051...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Last edited by Sierra280; October 24, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old October 24, 2013, 09:07 PM   #27
ripnbst

Remington 700 stock

It sucks that all these stock companies basically ignore the ADL action. I want to retain it for the weight savings so I don't want to convert to BDL, I know it can be done easily and all things considered relatively cheaply.

I am considering contacting B&C and see if they'd be interested in doing a M40 in ADL for me. I don't know how hard that would be.
Old October 27, 2013, 05:58 AM   #28
Picher

I have my sporter-barreled Rem 700, Stainless in a take-off HS Precision Sendero Stock that I found in a used stock barrel at Kittery Trading Post. It cost me $60 and is about the best bargain I've ever found there. They had another the next year, but wanted $150 for it.