The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old April 25, 2013, 07:10 PM   #1
WWWJD

Roedale Precision C21.5 Brake received!

In researching these brakes, I'd found several posts regarding long waits, lack of communication, etc. just wanted to share my experience so far.

3/22 - ordered
3/25 - export permit applied for
4/15 - customs processing
4/18 - shipped (anticipation alarm!)
4/25 - received in KY

So right at a month. Not bad considering all the paperwork. I went to lunch today and when I got back, the little box with the pretty little seal was sitting in my chair. Sha-wing! This is a good looking piece of hardware fellers.

Got some chores to do for my folks on Saturday, but I should be able to sneak off to the range on Sunday. A buddy of mine at the orifice ordered one for himself with the CrN finish. I don't think he's received any notifications yet. I assume that they're probably waiting for enough orders to send off a batch vs one piece at a time. So, hopefully soon he can join in the fun.

Range report to follow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366934681.736644.jpg (39.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366934709.548162.jpg (43.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by WWWJD; April 26, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old April 26, 2013, 06:29 PM   #2
WWWJD

Roedale Precision C21.5 Brake received!

Installed and painted!

Old April 26, 2013, 07:44 PM   #3
csmsss

Good gawd amighty - someone knows the correct pronunciation/usage of brake! Congratulations to you sir!
Old April 29, 2013, 10:40 AM   #4
WWWJD

For those interested, got the rifle and brake to the range yesterday. Oh my. I was able to keep the target in the retical through my entire shot string. The rifle is almost recoil-less now; I was very pleased.

I'm willing to bet that on longer barrels, this isn't even a problem, but on the SPS 20", it wanted to jump all over the place. Not anymore! I remember watching all these sniper shows on the military channel; these guys shoot and never seem to have a problem. I'd like to shoot a 24" or 26" barrel just to see what it's like compared to what the SPS was like.

The only down side is the concussion; I'd compare it to shooting a .44 mag or other large caliber revolver. You kinda feel it in your teeth, but being able to watch your own hits through the rifle scope is going to be priceless.