The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 27, 2013, 06:15 AM   #1
CajunBass

And For the Trifecta...

I have a long time love for 20 ga double guns, but haven't owned one for a number of years. A few weeks ago, I found this Hunter Special, on the rack at the local gun store. It has 28" barrels, twin triggers, and extractors. I believe the chokes are modified and full.

A few weeks on layaway while I did some wheeling and dealing, and it came home last night. As best I can tell, the S/N indicates 1938 as a manufacture date (1632XX). It matches up well with my Parker Trogan 12 ga, and my Lefever Nitro Special in 16 ga.

It's been a long time since I did much hunting, but I believe I'm going to have to look around and find a place to go dove missing this fall. In the next week or so, I'm at least going to have to take a few shots at some clay pigeons.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old April 27, 2013, 11:37 AM   #2
BigD_in_FL

Looks in great shape for a gun that old. Great find! Wish I could find them down here - you would think with all of the old retirees, and them dying off, this area would be awash in great old gun deals......

A quick trip to the pattern board will verify the chokes - might want to pull the stock and see if the internals could use a drop or two of oil after all these years