The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 22, 2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Death from Afar

Internet Gun Guys

There are a lot of gun videos on the error net. Some are good, some are horrendous. I won't comment on the ones I think are shabby, but any recommendations for you tube posters worth looking at?
Old April 22, 2013, 12:11 AM   #2
5.56RifleGuy

People Like the Military Arms Channel. Well, if that is your thing you should like it.

Gunblast.com s Jeff Quinn does all types of firearms.
Old April 22, 2013, 12:19 AM   #3
BigTex308

Re: Internet Gun Guys

Cory and Erica, James Yeager, colion noir, nic Taylor, Texas guns and ammo, 21st century gun fighter, Dustin ellermam, tnoutdoors9, hickcock45.

Just to name a few.

Fate of destinee and weapons education are pointless. Avoid those two for sure

Ike
Old April 22, 2013, 12:21 AM   #4
DBLAction454

Another vote for the Military Arms Channel run by Sturmgewher who's is also a member here. His opinions and reviews are very unbiased and based off his experience with the gear/weapon and he has usually put a good amount of time/ammo using that gear. Doesn't shoot a box of ammo then crank out a video. Responds to questions and gives sound information.

Hickok45 is also very good. Good clean humor and fun to watch and also very unbiased. States his opinions with honesty and not with a "that's the way it is" attitude. Been watching his stuff for years and I wish he would do more HK firearms!!! (USP45). He's also reads his comments if you're not a blithering idiot as he has responded to me and complimented me in the past.

Other honorable mentions:
Navyman8903
Colion Noir
TMHonfire102
Brandon401401
Old April 22, 2013, 06:49 AM   #5
BigTex308

Forgot about a few..... Travis Haley Travis Haley Travis Haley Travis Haley Travis Haley Chris Costa Rob Pincus did I mention Travis Haley was on YouTube?

Ike
Old April 22, 2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Dwight55

Consider Youtube as though it was a library. Would you walk in and ask the librarian what is the best book to read?

YOUR personal taste, desires, ambitions should direct you.

Examples: "Youtube, AR15 cleaning", . . . "Youtube, M1 Garand sighting", . . . or whatever your flavor is.

Lots of the good stuff has already been mentioned, . . . but there are other little gems, . . . watch the right hand of your screen for those videos somehow related to the one you are viewing right now.

As an example, . . . I googled "Forge" and got about a dozen videos on making a forge, . . . everything from bricks piled on a cart to an Audi brake drum with a hair dryer for a fan. Finally found a semi truck brake drum on a 3 legged stand, . . . exactly what I wanted.

Youtube really is a video library, . . . have fun with it.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!
Old April 22, 2013, 07:44 AM   #7
TX Hunter

I really like Iraqvetteran8888 Lots of good information and reviews. I really enjoy the Gun Gripe videos they do at Moss Pawn.
Old April 22, 2013, 07:51 AM   #8
MLeake

TNOutdoors9 posts a lot of ammo tests.
Old April 22, 2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Kimio

Another vote to Iraqvetteran8888 and The Military Arms Channel as well as Hickock45

Those three channels honestly are the only ones that I really watch on Youtube.
Old April 22, 2013, 09:35 AM   #10
PipeSmokeMcGee

Hickok45 is outstanding! Very knowledgeable, good old guy. Gives objective opinions without all the "tacticool" nonsense.
Old April 22, 2013, 09:49 AM   #11
BigTex308

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Hunter View Post
I really like Iraqvetteran8888 Lots of good information and reviews. I really enjoy the Gun Gripe videos they do at Moss Pawn.
Yup. Forgot about them. They have some good stuff

Ike
Old April 22, 2013, 09:56 AM   #12
MLeake

What about Gecko45?

Edit: For the new guys, that is a joke. Gecko45 was the original Mall Ninja.

Last edited by MLeake; April 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old April 22, 2013, 10:03 AM   #13
ClydeFrog

Topics...

I posted a reply to a topic about what NOT to do in a gun/tactics video.
Search the older posts for details.

I do not care for most of the video clips.
The sound is off, they smoke, look intoxicated, use profanity or stupid humor, are way off topic, or have loud noises/distractions in the background.

ClydeFrog
Old April 22, 2013, 11:17 AM   #14
WiscBuckmaster

Another vote for hickok45 he has done reviews and videos on so many guns from as old as the civil war and new as todays most popular firearms. I like he talks to his audience more as "friends" than "students" i guess you could say. Military arms is also great. I think nutnfancy has some good videos but its kind of hard to get past his elitist attitude so I dont regularly watch his videos like I do hickok45 and a few others.
Old April 22, 2013, 11:46 AM   #15
ScottRiqui

Quote:
What about Gecko45?

Edit: For the new guys, that is a joke. Gecko45 was the original Mall Ninja.
Considering how hard I laughed at the original Gecko45 thread, I'll admit that I'd probably watch his Youtube channel if he had one.
Old April 22, 2013, 12:03 PM   #16
Kimio

I don't know, Nutnfancy just annoys me, he does good reviews for the most part, but something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Seriously though, Tim is a great guy (Sturmgewehr from Military Arms Channel). In fact, it's thanks to him that I finally was able to settle on my first AR15.

He does things to his firearms that would make most gun owners cringe I think (but in a good way).

Last edited by Vanya; April 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: hostile comment.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:11 PM   #17
Ruthless4christ

Quote:
Cory and Erica, James Yeager, colion noir, nic Taylor, Texas guns and ammo, 21st century gun fighter, Dustin ellermam, tnoutdoors9, hickcock45.
+1 to Hickock 45. I also really like Iraqvetteran8888 .

I can't stand James Yeager's videos.

Last edited by Vanya; April 22, 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: insult.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:21 PM   #18
Vanya
Staff

I've edited a couple of posts. It's fine to say that you don't like someone's videos, but it's not OK to insult the person or express active hostility toward him. Keep in mind that some of the well-known YouTube gun guys are members here.

As our grandmothers said, "If you can't say anything nice..."
Old April 22, 2013, 01:38 PM   #19
TX Hunter

Besides Iraqvetteran8888 I also like Hickok 45. He seems like a nice Man, covers a good variety of firearms and topics, is a very good Marksman, I really like His voice. Really good Videos. He uses no rest and wears Bi focals still hits what He is aiming at most of the time.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:49 PM   #20
Kimio

Hickock45 IMHO is one of the most badass older guys on YT, I always get a kick out of his long range pistol shots. Bad eyes my arse!

Like others have said, I like how he talks to his viewers, he seems to be a real down to earth kind of guy. His revolver collection is pretty darn impressive to boot
Old April 22, 2013, 02:16 PM   #21
Spats McGee
Staff

Plouffedaddy, another member here, also has his own channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mrgunsngear

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman
Old April 22, 2013, 04:52 PM   #22
zTimbo

Internet Gun Guys

Hicock45 gets my vote. Adds new videos on a regular basis and has a very informative and funny channel. If you can watch one of his videos without cracking a smile, something is wrong with you.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:31 AM   #23
Death from Afar

Hicock45 is indeed awesome and I really like Cory and erika. I have an liking for FPS Russia, mainly because it is so tongue in cheek. I really dislike zboyco, and the mall ninja ilk. Some good suggestions here.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:44 PM   #24
kathys

Being a woman I really like the female perspective. I follow Faliaphotography, Limalife, MrMrsauthority and a few others whose names escape me right now. I also like The Yankee Marshall since there aren't to many liberal gun guys out there. I've learned alot from Hickock45 too.
Old April 23, 2013, 05:41 PM   #25
breakingcontact

Alright, ill be the one to admit it. I like nutnfancy. There I said it. His reviews are very in depth. Can he be a bit goofy and particular? Sure. But he does lengthy and in depth reviews and that serves a purpose.

I also like Hickok45 of course is just plain fun to watch. Guys from moss pawn. Like their shop tour and gun gripes.

HossUSMC and Sturmgewehr are pretty good too.