The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 30, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1
samsmix

Kel-tec Kudos

About 18 months ago I bought a Kel-Tec P3AT. First of all I want to say that it has been a first rate pistol, for it's purpose. It is my supercarry, my always gun, my gun when I am not carrying a gun. It goes with me when I am at the gym or just ran to the C-store for milk. It is utterly reliable with ammo it likes. It does not like flat point FMJs or hollowpoints, but with ball ammo or similar profiled bullets like Pow'rBall, it has never had a hiccup. I am a credible threat at 25 yards, even with it's vestigal sights. At half that distance it will put all of it's bullet's in the "A-zone".

...BUT I bought an extended, 9 round magazine with the little gat. It makes a more usable gun out of thetinny P3AT, by virtue of it's extended grip area. SADDLY, it soon would not feed right. Upon closer examination the mag's follower spring had snapped in half. I had been very busy, and did not get on the matter for about a year. I finally called Kel-Tec this morning...

...they are sending me a new magazine with no questions asked. I said a new spring is all I need, but nope, they are sending a fresh mag and a pouch to ship back the old one. All of this is free of charge! GOOD JOB KEL-TEC. It is refreshing to receive good customer service in this age of pay more, get less.

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
howcome God made 'em outta meat?

Last edited by samsmix; May 1, 2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old April 30, 2013, 08:25 PM   #2
e-bear

I have found that companies in the firearms industry have more integrity than most companies of other industries.
Old April 30, 2013, 10:23 PM   #3
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
I have found that companies in the firearms industry have more integrity than most companies of other industries.
Several companies have really impressed me, especially when I call and the person answering the phone actually knows about the product. That isn't common today.
I have had one or two other experiences that were unbelievably awful.
None as bad as AT&T though.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Closing The Gap

I was considering picking up a PMR 30 and this post has pushed me over the edge. I will be doing so as soon as we are settled in our new home.
Old May 2, 2013, 05:27 AM   #5
Pico

Kel-Tec

They are a customer-oriented company, no argument, but not saying this to be mean, they have to be.

Pico
Old May 2, 2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Fishbed77

Quote:
Agreed.

The customer service of some companies/organizations go above & beyond what you will find in any other industries. Some great examples that come to mind are S&W, Ruger, Colt, and the CMP.