The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 26, 2013, 05:32 PM   #26
jnichols2

This issue has gone back and forth on numerous forums, and in the media.

The same question remains; what do they need all the weapons and ammo for?

Pro gun forums state their fears, and the gubbmint tries to sooth those fears. It's all conjecture.

There are few facts available; but here is one. President Obama publicly stated that he wants to build a civilian force that is at least as strong as the Army. It's public record.

Another fact: the Army is now weaker than when he made that statement, and Sequestration is making it weaker by the day.

Without adding any conjecture at all, those two facts are scarier than anything I've seen in this country in my 65 years. The DHS having automatic weapons and armored vehicles (another fact) should scare the hell out of every good citizen in this country.

Last edited by Vanya; March 26, 2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: removed Nazi reference
Old March 26, 2013, 07:04 PM   #27
Ruthless4christ

Quote:
This issue has gone back and forth on numerous forums, and in the media.

The same question remains; what do they need all the weapons and ammo for?

Pro gun forums state their fears, and the gubbmint tries to sooth those fears. It's all conjecture.

There are few facts available; but here is one. President Obama publicly stated that he wants to build a civilian force that is at least as strong as the Army. It's public record.

Another fact: the Army is now weaker than when he made that statement, and Sequestration is making it weaker by the day.

Without adding any conjecture at all, those two facts are scarier than anything I've seen in this country in my 65 years. The DHS having automatic weapons and armored vehicles (another fact) should scare the hell out of every good citizen in this country.
the most sound cool headed statement on the matter. God hope the troops come home soon
Old March 30, 2013, 03:10 PM   #28
jimpeel

I found the graphic at the video site entertaining. All of the rounds have a bullet seated but the primers are dimpled.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Last edited by jimpeel; March 30, 2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: misspelling