The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 1, 2013, 05:35 PM   #51
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I have been casually watching AKs on armslist I noticed some Romanians for $750 sitting on there.
Not to fuel the frenzy, but if you want one of those, $750 is going to be the best price you see for awhile. Century recently raised dealer cost on those to $760.
Old May 1, 2013, 05:43 PM   #52
Wyoredman

Here's one that caught my eye today:

For Sale: Rock River AR-10, Heavy Barrel, $4200 CASH....

I almost spit up my soda at lunch!!!!

Seriously?
Old May 1, 2013, 07:23 PM   #53
Justice06RR

yes i've seen plent of these used ad's floating around.

One that caught my eye were two basic AR15's. First one was $4500, and the other was $2500 for rifles that were worth not more than $1500 each. Crazy...

I have sold a couple of my own rifles recently, but only to downsize my collection--not to make a quick buck.

but its good to see prices coming back down. A lot of people realizing they spent too much or they didn't really need that $2k AR or AK.
Old May 1, 2013, 07:36 PM   #54
Joe_Pike

A local shop had to dump two ARs for a total loss of $800. The distributor had raised their price early on and the shop couldn't sell them fast enough before price came down dramatically. He bought my Rock River that I built for what I had in it and ended up taking it home because he couldn't sell it.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:33 AM   #55
Gaerek

Quote:
Many are not happy. I've dealt with it a few times already. Folks overpaid in anticipation of "the ban," and now they've got to free up the cash. They are not happy with the offers they're getting.
I was close a couple times to pulling the trigger on some overpriced AR's back in early January...when it seemed like another AWB might have a chance. I'm so glad I waited. Now, I'll get to take one off someone else's hands for a fraction of the price they paid.

Now if only ammo were as plentiful as ARs.
Old May 2, 2013, 01:46 AM   #56
Dalek

Wyoredman...

"For Sale: Rock River AR-10, Heavy Barrel, $4200 CASH...."

I just...don't even...
Old May 2, 2013, 06:27 AM   #57
zincwarrior

Well they can list a rifle for sale, doesn't mean anyone will buy it. I have an M1 carbine and will gladly sell for $10,000. Gently used even!*

*If you count the Korean War as gently used of course...
Old May 2, 2013, 07:07 AM   #58
Tucker 1371

Has anyone else noticed that at LGSs ARs have dropped back to their normal prices but AKs are still higher than normal? I'm seeing converted Saigas going for close to $1k, I hadn't priced them much before but I know unconverted they were around $450
REV. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Old May 2, 2013, 09:13 AM   #59
deepcreek

Quote:
Not to fuel the frenzy, but if you want one of those, $750 is going to be the best price you see for awhile. Century recently raised dealer cost on those to $760.
I saw that a couple have dropped down to $700 after a week or two of being listed. I also saw a Wasr 10 last night at a shop for $650.

Personally I think Century have some serious quality control issues I would not pay more then $400.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:41 PM   #60
KyJim

I'm betting the AKs will settle down some in price but will take a bit longer than ARs because most of the major parts are manufactured outside the U.S. There's a longer chain for prices to work back down.

BTW, LGS had a Colt 6920 at $1250 today (MSRP, I believe).
Jim's Rules of Carry: 1. Any gun is better than no gun. 2. A gun that is reliable is better than a gun that is not. 3. A hole in the right place is better than a hole in the wrong place. 4. A bigger hole is a better hole.