The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 19, 2013, 07:03 PM   #101
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoguy
So much for moderate. Sorry about that all of you. I guess we can't agree to disagree since I'm so assinie. This goes back a ways but remember Jonathan Winters in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World"? - to quote or proably mis-quote "Why can't we all just get along" as he turns around and punches the first person he can reach. Welcome to America.
He didn't call you asinine. He said your statement was asinine. You know how to avoid that? Don't make asinine statements unsupported by fact and then refuse to defend them.

It is apparently your feeling or opinion that the NRA does not act in a responsible manner, yet you refused to offer any facts that led you to your conclusion. When MLeake responded with his opinion and the factual basis he used to form it, you got all offended at one word and vented more feelings.

Maybe you'd find this discussion more productive if you spent less time sharing how you feel and more time examining the factual basis of those feelings?

Lord knows I just typed and deleted a lot of personal feelings of my own.
Old March 19, 2013, 09:23 PM   #102
mayosligo

Any moderates around here?

Excellent points Kilimanjaro.
Old March 20, 2013, 11:12 AM   #103
thallub

Quote:
Excellent points Kilimanjaro.
+2

Very good points indeed.

BTW: Yesterday i read a newspaper article that called the anti-gun, anti-self defense leadership of the CO legislature "moderates".