The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 4, 2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Midway donates 1 million $ to NRA/ILA National Endowment for the Protection of the 2n

just got an e-mail from Midway...

WOW... in celebration of 1,000,000 active customers this year, they donated $1.00 for each customer...

they already send over 1 million in NRA round up dollars each year...

I order alot myself... & we as shooters & reloaders ( posting this here, as 99.9% of my money is spent on reloading components )

should all be proud of what we all are doing to protect our rights...

keep on reloading...
Old March 4, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2
gundog5

Excellent, I'll make sure Midway stays on the top of my mail order list. Thanks for the info.
Old March 4, 2013, 07:03 PM   #3
Jbotto

Awesome! Just another reason to shop with Midway!
Old March 4, 2013, 09:38 PM   #4
stu925

The more I deal with MidwayUSA the more impressed I am with them as a company. I'm thrilled to see them (and us) defending our way of life. They are my go to source for components and I only go elsewhere if they don't have what I'm looking for. I guess I'm a loyal MidwayUSA customer.

Stu
Old March 4, 2013, 09:40 PM   #5
shootniron

They have always occupied a place at the top of my list.
Old March 4, 2013, 09:42 PM   #6
hodaka

I have used them for years. Hat's off to Midway.

When are you going to have some primers? ;-)
Old March 4, 2013, 10:23 PM   #7
reynolds357

Midway has excellent customer service. Not the best prices, but great customer service.
Old March 5, 2013, 07:51 AM   #8
sunaj

Thats great, I wonder is this money from Midway, or is it the NRA roundup that customers voluntarily give?
sunaj
Old March 5, 2013, 07:53 AM   #9
dos0711

Also, they are taking a stand...

Quote:
Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.
On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
Eric Ellingson
Contact Center Supervisor
MidwayUSA
NRA Endowment Member
Old March 5, 2013, 07:59 AM   #10
sunaj

Thats great, I wonder is this money from Midway, or is it the NRA roundup that customers voluntarily give?
sunaj
Old March 5, 2013, 08:08 AM   #11
Magnum Wheel Man

the million mentioned, ( as per the e-mail I recieved ) was donated by Midway, in celebration of having one million active customers so far this year ( 2013 )... in 2012 the NRA round up hit one million donated in one year, as well, so this is in addition to the NRA round up funds... ( source, again, as per their e-mail )
Old March 5, 2013, 08:18 AM   #12
David Bachelder

I like Midway too. I use them when economics say it's OK. Their prices are usually a bit higher than Midsouth. As long as you don't fall into the backorder thing Midway is a great vendor.
Old March 5, 2013, 11:10 AM   #13
Boomer58cal

I will give them my thanks and continue to open my check book to them. Thanks as always for the info.

Boomer
Old March 5, 2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWayUSA
...it has always been our policy...
To me, this statement is huge. There are a lot of companies jumping on the now-popular bandwagon of denying sales to states/localities that violate our rights. If this is true, MidWay does it because they stand on principle, not because it makes their customers happy.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.
Old March 5, 2013, 11:31 AM   #15
GWS

Magnanimous? Not really. Smart.....no doubting that! Their way of making a living is under attack.....the only counter attack is the NRA.....support the counter attack....or they're out of business. Get some good P.R. with customers while they're at it.....Smart.

Even smarter would be if Midway also sent those emails to others in the industry to get more support to defend the industry, as well of to their customers. Smarter still would be to give them 2 million...or 4. 1 Million may help the defense for a month or two. This is going to be a long fight, and those with the most money will win. George Soros and his minions (Obama & company, and the media) have the most money so far. Only a unified effort backed by money will defeat them.

Last edited by GWS; March 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:14 AM   #16
higgite

Quote:
sunaj
It is above and beyond the customers' roundup program. I see nothing to criticize here. They'll keep my business.

http://www.midwayusa.com/general/pre...ator-_-SpotOne

Edit: Sorry, Magnum, I somehow missed your reply. You beat me to it.