The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 9, 2013, 07:19 PM   #26
Beentown71

Re: Depressing...

Slowly acquiring what I need. Still short something from each caliber that i want to load but getting there.
Old March 9, 2013, 07:36 PM   #27
rlc323

Think of it as sort of an Easter Egg hunt for adults.

Running down components and waiting for Fed Ex, UPS or the mail carrier to show.

I found primers online, bullets on Gunbroker, powder at Scheels, 1 set of dies at Scheels, I set of dies from Midway. Then more primers at Scheels, a shellholder at Gander, Bass Pro had some powder. Local range got in some powder and brass. Found a die set on ebay.

All fun.
Old March 10, 2013, 03:45 AM   #28
ipscchef

Brass

Beentown, If you are interested, I can send you a couple hundred rounds of military 5.56 brass for the cost of shipping and maybe 5 bucks for my time. No I am not a saint or anything, but I have TONS of the stuff. It will need to be tumbled, and you will need to ream the primer pockets, but it is very usable brass. It is just that I have alot of it, and I have a whole bunch of .223 brass for my own needs that will probably last me the rest of my life. I may have a pound or so of powder that I can send you for $20 bucks or so, depending on what you need. No promises, but if you are interested, drop me an email at ipscchef@pa.net, and we can talk turkey.

I traded my Dillon 650 out for a Lee Classic Turret after I quit shooting IPSC. The Dillon is a great unit, but the Lee Classic is much more useful for what I do now. You can set up a bunch of different calibers on different tool heads that only cost about $7.99 each, which is great now that I am loading for a bunch of different guns. The Lee Classic is a Stroke of Genious IMHO, no pun intended, especialy for the money and the flexability, and speed it provides.

So drop me a line when you can if you are interested.

Bill "Willy" Henderson
Old March 10, 2013, 03:55 PM   #29
hooligan1

Beentown what's your closest big city?
Old March 10, 2013, 08:01 PM   #30
Beentown71

Sure will Bill (IPSCCHEF) and I appreciate it.

Columbus is the closest, largest city.

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old March 12, 2013, 12:23 PM   #31
Beentown71

Re: Depressing...

Doing pretty well in the powder department now and the supply on shelves seems to be getting better. Still can't find certain things like small pistol primers and plinking bullets.

Still waiting to pull the handle the first time. Bench is all done and organized.
Old March 12, 2013, 07:04 PM   #32
hooligan1

I talked to a customer service lady at Midway, and she says here in a couple weeksa shipment of powder will come in.
Old March 12, 2013, 07:17 PM   #33
iShoot17

A few of my LGSs have powder..what are you looking for?

I also may have a connection on 223 bullets and I will be ordering in bulk...as in 50k+.. I may be able to help some of you out with them if interested. They are 55gr FMJs with cannelure. Last time I ordered from him, I got 12k and they shot great! All my buddies and family dipped into the stock and was doing some great shooting! This was in late January/early February.
Old March 12, 2013, 07:20 PM   #34
rlc323

I got an e-mail alert from Midway this morning timestamped at 8:08 A.M. that Federal 100 small pistol primers were in stock. Problem was I did not check my e-mail until 8:47...and they were all gone.

But maybe things are loosening up. I actually saw some .223 Winchester brand brass on the shelf at a Bucheits farm supply store.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:12 PM   #35
Beentown71

Quote:
A few of my LGSs have powder..what are you looking for?

I also may have a connection on 223 bullets and I will be ordering in bulk...as in 50k+.. I may be able to help some of you out with them if interested. They are 55gr FMJs with cannelure. Last time I ordered from him, I got 12k and they shot great! All my buddies and family dipped into the stock and was doing some great shooting! This was in late January/early February.
I would definitely be interested in some .223 plinkers.

I am looking for an item for each of the calibers I am loading:
- .223 I need some plinking bullets and could use some more brass
- .308 more brass is needed. I have everything else now as my dies came in today
- 9mm I am still looking for primers. Have plenty of bullets, brass and powder for a run of it.

Thinking I am going to run some .308 just for the experience. I only have 40 pieces of brass for it but I have the itch to set it up and pull the handle a couple times.

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old March 12, 2013, 09:49 PM   #36
iShoot17

Beentown;

Hit me up with a PM, I may be able to get you hooked up with some stuff.