The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old February 28, 2013, 07:55 PM   #1
savage1r

Operation Mountain Standard is a GO!

VIDEO LINK

The following message is a copy paste from the original thread on Reddit, I'm just spreading the word:

Dedicated Website:
http://www.coloradomagazines.com/

Original Thread on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comment...pdate_2222013/

Hey folks, thought I'd compile where the fundraiser is now and what needs to be done:

We officially have a venue: this will be taking place at Boulder Gunsport, Boulder Colorado. They're just a block away from the Pearl Street Mall.

Date is set to March 16.

A PO Box has been set up; donations can be sent to:

Operation Mountain Standard

PO Box 2497

Longmont, CO 80502

-OR-

Boulder Gunsport

C/O Operation Mountain Standard

1707 14th Street

Boulder, CO 80302

We need a website. Something very simple and concise that outlines the event. Can someone spring for this?

Still deciding on what the minimum donation will be for the magazines; the idea now is $10 minimum for pistol mags, $20 for rifle mags.

Several Colorado redditors PMed me volunteering to help. Awesome! I have a pagoda tent we'll be using, but simple items like tables, chairs, and a lock box are needed. Also, we'll need volunteers to walk Pearl Street Mall with signs directing people to our event.

Lastly, to make one point abso-freakin-lutely clear, NO volunteers, myself included, will be compensated in any way, including snagging magazines.

I'd like to hear thoughts, ideas, etc. on how we can make this better. I may be running it, but it's YOUR magazines that are being donated. I want your input.
Old February 28, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Tom Servo
Staff

Neat program, but your entire post is a cut/paste from another forum without commentary. That constitutes a drive-by, and we don't do those here.
Closed Thread