The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 26, 2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Hansam

Ruger LCP

I bought a Ruger LCP with a lasermax laser for my wife. She liked it but decided to move up to a larger caliber. So I used it for a while then sold it to fund another gun purchase.

Fast forward a year and I had the opportunity to pick up a LNIB LCP without the laser for less than $100 from an acquaintance. Nice little gun and I liked it but then I was offered more than 3x what I paid for it and sold the gun.

Fast forward 3 months and I ended up buying yet another LCP (without laser) for $250. I carried it for a few months as a BUG then sold it. Now I have a Kahr CM9 as a BUG and my wife liked it so much she got one of her own to EDC instead of her 1911 - solely because the 1911 was too big for her to CC when wearing skimpy clothing.

So then I wonder how long it will be before I end up with another LCP...
Old February 26, 2013, 05:54 PM   #27
huntinaz

Pistols chambered in 40 S&W. I've bought a G23, Sig p226 and a Springfield XD40 subcompact. I liked the Glock the best. I just don't care to reload for another caliber, and I prefer 45. I have too much time and effort invested into 9mm to drop it. So... I haven't been able to warm up to the 40.

I just traded a Ruger single six that I will likely replace. I knew I shouldn't have done it. I'll possibly replace it with a single ten, but more likely with another single six. However the new one will be blued and have a 5.5" barrel, instead of a stainless 6.5" barrel.
Old February 27, 2013, 10:27 AM   #28
Pistola Pedro

I currently own an FNP-9 for the second time. It fit my needs for a "do all" sized pistol that wasn't overpriced and I knew I could rely on. I think it's important to have the right gun for YOUR system so that you actually are using what you have. If my needs changed or my system changed I would sell the FNP-9 again and move to some other old flames that I know and trust.
If I could have a two pistol system ( budget doesn't allow ) I would quickly go back to my favorite two pistols ever owned; HK P2000sk and Ruger GP100.
Others that I've owned and can highly endorse and may own again if they fit is Mossberg 590, Savage 10, Savage 93r17, CZ75, Walther P99, HK USP, STI Trojan ( hard chromed would be a must this time though ).
The only gun that I wouldn't buy again is the Walther P22 and the only gun that I'll never sell is my Sig556 because my wife bought it for me.
Pete
Old February 27, 2013, 06:00 PM   #29
Karrill

My first handgun is the only one that qualifies, lol.

When I was 22 or so, I bought a S&W Sigma (SW9VE). I kept it for a little while, shot it, never really had any issues... well, a couple of FTF and FTE on the first ~20 rounds or so, but after that, nadda. I was comfortable with the idea of the weapon being "reliable" albeit nothing special, at all.

I pawned it, got it out of pawn, and then sold it outright. I have no desire to purchase it again, as my tastes have matured slightly.

Handgun wise, I have 3 now, and plan on keeping them all. SIG SP2022, its too good of a value for the price, and too fun to shoot, so I wont part with it. If anything, Im likely to purchase a second one of these while the price is still outstanding, and just keep both, as I have plenty of magazines for the model already (it only comes with one in most cases).

Walther P99AS... enough said. I bought it a few years back, and its sweet. I still see a fair amount of P99s around at LGSs, but theyre always the P99QA, so IMO, the P99AS is most certainly a keeper. Gunbroker averages about 100 more for the AS, too... I dont want to lose money on a gun like that

FNX-9 is another one that I looked into quite a bit before purchase. At least as good as I had hoped, if not a little smoother to fire. Also, my younger brother was a SAW gunner, and carried the 240-Bravo for a couple of years in the army, so anyone familiar with FNHerstal guns will understand the added sentimental value attached through that, although its not as if I was the one carrying that load.

Ive never purchased a used semi-automatic, and hopefully will never sell another one. I like being the sole owner of guns, when possible.
Old February 28, 2013, 12:39 AM   #30
Brian48

I've bought and sold more 1911s than any other gun. My most recent transaction? I was very fond of my Kahr-built Auto-Ordnance. Had it for 5 years, but I traded it away last weekend for credit towards a new Ruger SR1911 CMD.
Old March 2, 2013, 04:30 AM   #31
JimmyR

I sold a Ruger Security Six that I sold some time ago and have kicked myself ever since, and a Sig p250 that I kinda wish I had back, but not enough to actively search for one. Both were good guns, but just not what I needed/wanted at the time.

But who knows, I'm still young. I may come across those models and make a jump...
Old March 2, 2013, 11:25 AM   #32
Jo6pak

1911s.
Over the years I have owned about 6-7 different 1911s by several manufacturer's in several different configurations. I keep thinking that I should have one in the collection, and always believe that the next one will be "the one"
They never are, and they go on to better homes
Old March 2, 2013, 08:19 PM   #33
orionengnr

Half a dozen j-frames, half a dozen HK P7s.
And I never learn the lesson...I am currently eyeballing both...again.
Old March 2, 2013, 08:23 PM   #34
njm

Only thing ive ever sold was a muzzle loader. I just perfer to keep everything and learn from my mistakes. selling guns is like giving a kid up for adoption!
Old March 2, 2013, 08:28 PM   #35
kdemers58

buy sell

sold a m52-2 S.W. best shooter i ever had wish i had it back and a Dan Wesson 357 with the interchangable barrel and a 1911 colt i had redone for ipcs but no longer shooting that time to let it go . Still wish i had kept them all.
Old March 2, 2013, 08:54 PM   #36
jglsprings

Two Cougars, one 40 the other 45.

Nothing wrong with them, they are great guns. I have plenty of full size / service size guns.

I'd buy them back now with all the gun craziness. I was working under the assumption that they would be around. Go figure.

Commas save lives...
Old March 3, 2013, 02:48 AM   #37
TennJed

I have bought and sold/traded countless Ruger Blackhawks over the years. You could always find good deals on used ones and they made for good trades. You could get them cheap and trade or sell them for a little more. I love the gun and always felt like I could replace what I got pretty easy. Now though it seems to be getting harder to find $325 Blackhawks
Old March 3, 2013, 03:12 AM   #38
shootniron

I just buy and never sell.