The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old February 21, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Live45

One more thing to tick me off.....

I recently sold a couple of shoulder holsters on Ebay and have a nice little sum in my Paypal balance because of that. So I'm searching the internet every day looking for brass, bullets, primers, etc just like everyone else. So I find a place that has some ammo I want to buy and check to see if they take Paypal. Guess what? Paypal will not let their service be used for ammo sales! Does anyone know of another service like Paypal that I could use? I don't like giving my business to any company that actively discriminates against law abiding gun owners! I'll bet not many people know about this. I plan to tell everyone I know.
Old February 21, 2013, 06:52 PM   #2
lll Otto lll

You can send money to anyone through PayPal and it's free for both you and the seller. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online
I do it all the time on Gun Broker and there's never a mention of firearm related items.
Old February 21, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Live45

You may be able to buy guns but according to info at www.luckygunner.com you cannot buy ammo through their website using Paypal.
Old February 22, 2013, 07:39 AM   #4
jj320

looking at their site it appears your anger is miss directed . it appears that it is luckygunners choice not to accept payment from paypal not that paypal wont process because its ammo.
Old February 22, 2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

It's a long-standing and oft argued PayPal policy...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...tableUse_print

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.

relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.
Old February 22, 2013, 09:56 AM   #6
chiefr

If you frequent GunBroker or other firearm specific site, you will find a many sellers will not accept PAYPAL. Their general consensus is paypal is anti-gun. I know it frustrates some of you, but that is their priviledge. USPS Money Orders are my prefered method.
Old February 22, 2013, 10:15 AM   #7
rlc323

Get the PayPal Debit card then use your PayPal funds anywhere Mastercard Debit cards are accepted.
Old February 22, 2013, 10:20 AM   #8
precision_shooter

Why leave the money in your paypal account?

As soon as I get money for selling something, I transfer it to my bank account. Doesn't cost anything to tranfer the money and then paypal has no control over my money or what I can spend it on...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old February 22, 2013, 10:30 AM   #9
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

I was hoping this would die off, as PayPal isn't a reloading topic.

Paypal's policies have been discussed numerous times, search the forum for information.
-The Architect
-----
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.
Closed Thread