The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 21, 2013, 08:42 PM   #26
leadchucker

Lots of good reliable self defense ammo out there. Everyone has their own opinions.

IMHO, Hornady Critical Defense XTP is tops.

For plinking/practice ammo, I used to rely on WWB or Remington UMC. Now I use my reloads.
Old February 21, 2013, 10:29 PM   #27
bonefamily

For target ammunition - The wife's Thunder hates Blazer Brass (jam after jam) and loves Remington UMC and Federal AE. Now, every pistol varies so Blazer Brass may work in other Thunders...
Old February 21, 2013, 10:45 PM   #28
shootniron

For personal defense rounds in my tests, for the Bersa and LCP...the Winchester PDX1 has been top dog.
Old February 22, 2013, 07:19 AM   #29
weblance

in 380... Hornady Critical Defense, Remington Golden Saber & Federal Hydra-Shok are three of the best. For plinking, CCI Blazer aluminum, CCI Blazer Brass, PMC Bronze, Federal Champion. I would stay away from TulAmmo. I had issues with it feeding in my Ruger LCP, but dont have any experience with it in my Bersa Thunder, which seems to be more reliable as far as feeding. The TulAmmo might be ok in the Bersa, but Im not interested in trying it again. The CCI Blazer aluminum seems about the best, value priced ammo, for range plinking.
Old February 22, 2013, 09:21 PM   #30
TxFlyFish

I found one locally for 309 NIB but everywhere else is at least 350. 200 would be a good deal.

Btw I got my first bersa today, found the combat version with the od grips (don't ask the price )