The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2013, 12:54 AM   #1
frigate88

Microtech AR mags

Anyone have any experience with these mags? A local guy has a few for sale. I looked them up online to see what they were selling for and found a place that has a thousand plus still in stock for $19.95. The reason I want to know if they're any good is because on the description line it says word for word, "feeds perfectly, but will not drop free from most AR15 models". Any body have any feedback on this? I'm guessing its why they have so many left in stock.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for thier own actions."
****BLEED BLUE, 10-8****
Old February 11, 2013, 08:46 AM   #2
droptrd

That would be enough to keep me away. I know mags are scarce right now but there is no reason IMO to buy mags that don't work. I have plenty of crappy mags and refuse to get more. Especially at $19 a pop. These mags might be good though. I'd do some more research before buying
Old February 11, 2013, 01:38 PM   #3
I'vebeenduped

Sounds like some light sanding and polishing on the upper portion of the magazine would work well. There is not a lot of stuff up there to hang up on. Actually might be worth a $20 investment on one or two. If that works, buy more. If not...
Old February 15, 2013, 12:04 PM   #4
MagnumWill

By Microtech, I'm assuming it's the magazines from their AUG-variant guns, which mags have the same issue.