The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 10, 2013, 02:15 PM   #1
TriggerPull

Sig Sauer Zombie .45 ACP 1911 Pistol Review

Sig Zombie 1911 Review 02-10-2013

I recently purchased a new Sig Sauer Zombie 1911 .45 cal pistol. The slide / frame fit is tight and slick. Balance of the pistol in hand is great. Function of the slide is smooth. Trigger pull and break is outstanding.

Shooting handloads of 185gr XTP's and lead hard cast 225 gr. bullets resulted in super sensational accuracy off a rest at 75 feet. Dropping 4.8 grs. of Red Dot powder for the 225 gr. hard cast bullets resulting in all powder burned and no un-burned powder left anywhere in the gun.

The gun cycles rounds super fast; double taps are less than a blink of an eye. The engraving of the biohazard symbol on top of the slide very precise and detailed. Weighs in at 41.6oz. Very nice match barrel, field strips easier as the gun breaks in.

Magazine follower has raised dimple in the middle to facilitating feeding. While first getting use to the trigger pull and feel of the recoil of this Sig Zombie 1911, I shot a few unintentional double taps, and then realized then just how fast the gun will cook off, surprisingly “SPEEDY”.

I recently read that these special edition guns have all been sold & Bill Hicks is out of inventory, yet some can be found on the web for sale new from personal owners.

This gun has far exceeded all my expectations, while carrying it with a Bianchi 1911 holster the engraved biohazard symbol is visible on the top/back of the slide along with the aluminum Zombie theme grips, the gun provides a distinct experience for both high performance accurate shooting and radically different cosmetics. Overall quality is outstanding.

E<>R
Old February 11, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2
smee78

Nice review, glad it is working out for ya.