The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 22, 2013, 02:28 AM   #26
Ludwig Von Mises

+1 for Arsenal SGL's and VEPR's. I have an Arsenal L.V. imported VEPR308, absolutely pristine. Only put a few hundred rounds through it, and besides the wrecked brass, no problems whatsoever. Heavy RPK barrel and trunion are big plus, the stamped RPK recievers have been shown to be stronger than machined recievers. And the prices I've seen on VEPRs are still very reasonable, around the thousand dollar range. As I said in another thread, for a tack driving 308 semi, thats an unreal price in this market.

Definitely stay away from WASR's, well, anything Century or IO. Arsenal, Saiga, or VEPR. As someone above me said. Don't spend your whole paycheck for canted sights.
Old February 24, 2013, 01:46 AM   #27
marbill

After spending some time looking I have decided to wait it out. If I play my cards right and keep looking I will find something that will fit my price range.
Thanks again. Bill