The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 25, 2013, 01:33 PM   #26
HK_Flo

Oh man, all the stories are true, she is a sweet shooter.

Might have to change my name to Walther_Flo.

Now to try and find some mags...
Old June 25, 2013, 01:41 PM   #27
Constantine

I don't get why I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Could I just be a freak of nature or something? To just give it away.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen
Old June 25, 2013, 01:45 PM   #28
HK_Flo

You gave one away? can I be your friend?
Old June 25, 2013, 01:56 PM   #29
Constantine

^ lol

It was to one of my best friends, that was always there for me when I needed him when I was going through some issues. He needed his first gun, didn't know where to start. I helped him out since he's left handed anyways, he couldn't be happier.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen
Old June 25, 2013, 03:34 PM   #30
HK_Flo

Well I am no pistol expert, but the size/weight balance, the grip, the ambi features are all perfect to me. The trigger feels great. What is not to love?

Out of the box today I shot it better than my HK USP .40 that I have thousands of rounds through.

My only gripe is the push button release, but I have to admit having swapped it to left handed it feels pretty good. I can see why righties like it. I still would prefer the true ambi trigger guard release because I am used to that on my HK and my wife is right handed and she may (hopefully never) have to use the gun.

My USP feels like a panzer tank. This feels like a BMW 3 series. I like both for different reasons.
Old June 26, 2013, 11:31 AM   #31
Fishbed77

Quote:
I still would prefer the true ambi trigger guard release because I am used to that on my HK and my wife is right handed and she may (hopefully never) have to use the gun.
Hopefully, Walther will bring back the original mag release of the PPQ/P99. The button release of the PPQM2 is definitely a step backwards.