The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 20, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1
MrDontPlay

Is anyone else just exhausted?

With all this gun/magazine ban Crazinness going on, I just can't get away from it. It's all over the news, all over Facebook, and the rest of the Internet. Everywhere I go I overhear someone talking about it or someone is trying to talk to me about it. I know we can't let our gaurd down and we need to spread the word, but damn it's all stressing me out. On top of that I just keep thinking of what I should've bought when I had the chance, and "what if I can't ever find this again." there's also even bigger issues like what will happen to this country if this stuff passes. I also can't find any ammo to shoot which isn't helping. I'm just ready for it all to be over with.

Maybe my Harley is just spending to much time in the garage but damn it's cold...

/rant
Old January 20, 2013, 03:18 PM   #2
rickyrick

Me too,

Be sure to vote in all upcoming elections.
Old January 20, 2013, 03:43 PM   #3
UtahHunting

I do feel tired. But this is not something we can ignore. In my entire existence I have never seen a bigger attack on the 2nd amendment and have never seen or even imagined the country would be this divided on every thing.

Last edited by Bud Helms; January 21, 2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: politics
Old January 20, 2013, 03:59 PM   #4
OEF-Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahHunting View Post
I do feel tired. But this is not something we can ignore. In my entire existence I have never seen a bigger attack on the 2nd amendment and have never seen or even imagined the country would be this divided on every thing.
I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Bud Helms; January 21, 2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Response to politics
Old January 20, 2013, 04:04 PM   #5
TXAZ

I'm actually invigorated. There was a rally this weekend where someone took the original Texas "Come and Take it" flag, put an AR on it, and flew it.

I think / believe / hope / pray that enough is enough with enough honest citizens to turn the tide. Sooner, than later another issue, like the slightly delayed fiscal cliff, is going to get congress' attention, and expect much of the current anti-(stuff) will diminish.

Next time my license plate comes up for renewal, I'm switching to the "Come and Take it" plate. It's an attitude that is becoming more prevalent.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old January 20, 2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Mobilebrian

I'm tired and I'm angry. I am also losing tons of FB friends. Lol
Old January 20, 2013, 04:07 PM   #7
rickyrick

Hahaha^^^^ that cheered me up
Old January 20, 2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Joe_Pike

I'm exhausted, but I've had the flu and haven't slept for four days.

Elections have consequences, and we are feeling that at the moment.
Old January 20, 2013, 05:06 PM   #9
BGutzman

I'm burnt and my hands hurt from all the typing to my reps but I have no intention to back off. The anti's have nothing to loose we have everything to loose... I am not a sheeple, the antis need to learn we are not sheeple..
Old January 20, 2013, 05:44 PM   #10
UtopiaTexasG19

Get the Harley out, change the oil, tune up then wash and wax! When was the last time you went fishing? Here is one of my other hobbies that I bust my knuckles on when I get stressed out. They take years to rebuild but provide a lot of down time pleasure. This is my 1919....
[IMG][/IMG]
Old January 20, 2013, 05:54 PM   #11
Jo6pak

Exhausted? Yes.

Commited? Absolutely

Milllions of men slept in the mud, shed blood, and shed tears over lost comrades to supply us with these freedoms. It's the least I can do to keep up the defense as best I can.
Old January 20, 2013, 06:20 PM   #12

Exhausted like a one legged man in an ass kickin contest.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:31 PM   #13
adamc

Utopia.... nice T....
The rims you have look to be 1923.....
I put '23 rims on my 22 ....
Looks just like mine same color too

Here inConnecticut much too cold for the T
Old January 21, 2013, 09:35 PM   #14
SIGSHR

I feel like a soldier, sailor or Marine at Pearl Harbor on the evening of December 7, 1941. Exhausted, yes-but also angry and determined.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:36 PM   #15
FrankenMauser

I'm tired of it, as well. But, it's a battle that's worth fighting.

To keep from overwhelming yourself, pick and choose the battles (conversations/discussions) you want to take part in. Some are not worth the trouble. Others will be a dead end. But, some are worth investing a little time.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:40 PM   #16
SPEMack618

SIGHR, I like your analogy, but I feel we are in far better shape than that. I liken it to a Marine in an AmTrac plodding towards Saipan.

I feel envigorated when I read of all our pro-freedom/pro-Constitution representatives and sheriffs and it makes me want to fight that much harder.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:49 PM   #17
Magnum Mike

We have to keep pounding! that's all there is to it! And don't let up! I do think we are gaining some ground! But we have lots more to go! That rally and the letters we are sending is being noticed! The problem is the misleading politicians and media.
Old January 22, 2013, 10:27 AM   #18
BikeNGun1974

Very.

Called my reps, emailed my reps, mailed my reps, still trying to provide real data to Facebook friends.... and still reading whatever new lunatic has popped up or whatever new bad news is coming in from some liberal state.

It does get old without feeling progress, but sites like this one help me keep up the fight!
Old January 22, 2013, 10:43 AM   #19
SoCalNoMore

Dont give up or else you wont have to worry about having any of those items to talk about.

Now is the time for all of us to put our big boy shorts on and become activists instead of complacent bystanders. Not saying you are, but I am exhausted too from writing my local gun ranges, reps, politicians, sheriff etc.

Folks, if we lose the 2014 elections to the gun grabbers, we will be without the ability to protect ourselves from harm. No on, no one at all is immune from harm. I for one dont want to be the person that says "I should have done more to stop this" as a gunman enters my home.
Old January 22, 2013, 10:57 AM   #20
Skadoosh

This country is on the verge of a constitutional crisis having been pushed there by the anti-gun machine. Patience, concentration and stamina are the keys to prevailing against this attack on our rights.
Old January 22, 2013, 12:45 PM   #21
win-lose

I feel like a one armed paper hanger on the verge of losing his only job....

It helps me to remember that far more have sacrificed far greater than I have....

Bring it on!
Old January 22, 2013, 01:14 PM   #22
Grizz12

tired yes but it got me thinking.

Obama may be pushing just enough to make the repubs look bad, bad enough to get voted out in 2014. If they get voted out then, the dems will have total control again PLUS they may also be able to get in one or two Justices at that time.

If you think the battle is tough now, wait till that happens, it wont be a battle because they will be able to trash the Bill of Rights.

We need to figure a way to organize against this and stay strong now.
Old January 22, 2013, 01:20 PM   #23
Tom Servo
Staff

I am.

I'm tired of folks who have had no involvement with the 2A until last week yelling at me about "letting things get this bad."

I'm tired of folks who've never voted and can't even name their congressmen telling me how mad as hell they are at the current situation.

I'm tired of folks who read one unattributed rumor on some website, then fly off the handle and yell at me about [insert childish pun on the President's name].

Same goes for the dolts who get winded from walking twenty feet but regale me with their plans to go Wolverines when the End Times come.

If things get worse, it's somehow my fault. If they don't, the whole issue is forgotten, and these people go back to their bread and circuses.

Same thing as I saw in 1994.
Old January 22, 2013, 01:20 PM   #24
Willie Sutton

We old timers have see it before, and nothing is new under the sun. You youngsters who did not live thru the other bad-times who are "Tired" don't understand that it's not even begun yet. You just lived thru a time of coasting... now that time is over. Get off your ass and do something for generations to come.

I'm not tired. I'm invogorated.

This is a huge opportunity to win.

Let's kick ass and in a decade or three they will still be remembering how much it hurt them.

Willie

Old January 22, 2013, 02:03 PM   #25
SPEMack618

I don't know, I came of age during the AWB and couldn't quite believe that it was truly gone when it sunsetted.

I feel like that makes me more inclined to fight for what we have now.

I remember being somewhat ostracized in fifth grade after Columbine not only for being a hunter, but not seeing how banning guns would have done anything to stop it.