The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 21, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1
GR00VY

New here with p226 rtss in 40 and some questions

Hi all. I am new to this forum and to sig handguns. I have been shooting for many years and finally saved up my pennies for the sig I always wanted. It is all steel frame reverse two tone. I love it. Took it out shooting for the first time last week and it was great. Here she is.

I have a couple questions and I apologize if they are stupid questions but I want to make sure everything is good to go. First I noticed when I took it home and cleaned it after shooting, I am getting a scratch under the decocker along the steel frame. 2nd, the decocker is nicking the frame when travels to its highest point when I decock the gun. It seems like the decocking lever has over travel. Here are some pics.

Is this normal wear and tear after initial use of the gun? Will it keep wearing more and more or will it subside.

My final question is in regards to the ejector on the 226. I noticed they are pinned in. Mine has some play to it. You can wiggle it a bit with your finger. I talked to SIG CS who said it was normal but then happened to read a post from a sig armorer who said it should be tight. Can any confirm which is correct. Gun was made in 2011. Thanks for any help.

GR00VY