The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 25, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Shooke

powder shortage

I was talking with a gun shop dealer today ive been looking for pistol powder for months now. He told me it would probably be end of the year or next spring even before we see powder on the shelf. He said that the manufacture plants are shut down due to outside pressure he claimed this info came from high ranking excutive and the excutive would not say why. That all powder is coming from oversees and going straight to ammo manufactures, and the reloaders are sol. With such a high demand for pistol powder i can not imagine plants would shut down unless there was something to all this. Does anyone have any more information they would share on this topic. If this is the case ive just been waisting my time looking for powder thats not going to be availiable. I know ive called,gone by many shops they all say same thing"havent seen pistol powder in months".
Old March 26, 2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Mavrick79

Can't say for certain but I call BS because I've been able to find pistol powder, it come's in batches and if your not there at the right time then your SOL until the next batch.
Old March 26, 2014, 07:29 AM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

No, the powder manufacturers are shut down because the gubmint has ringed each one with a ring of invisible tanks that won't allow anything in or out.

Just another in a MASSIVE volume of speculation as to the "REAL" reason behind all of the shortages.

Sigh.

Anyway...

The powder manufacturers are making the stuff as fast as they can.

There are no invisible gubmint tanks.

People are still engaging in Panicky Squirrel Rodeo tactics and engaging in massive overbuying both of manufactured ammunition and components.

Powder is making it out in dribs and drabs.

Anyway, we have a thread specifically to discuss topics like this:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521685

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread