The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 11, 2013, 11:58 PM   #51
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Am I the only person who thinks that the NRA hasn't done enough proactively in the past few weeks to protect our Constitutional freedom? Judging by who's sitting on that board, I think something more nefarious is going on here, like weapons dealers using the run on guns to drive up an artificial premium on firearms and ammunition, knowing that true bans and confiscation will never pass the Supreme Court. Your thoughts?
Quote:
But they aren't going to get a dime out of me because they're not looking out for my, or your rights.
Why do you care about what the NRA is, or isn't, doing given that you've made it clear that you don't believe gun rights are in danger?
"As a consequence, it is clear that we're not going to lose our rights for the foreseeable future."

"I'm aware of his gun control positions but I just don't think he would have the power to ban guns even if he made an attempt."

"I seriously doubt that they will ever enact a national registry of long guns. Registering every bolt action rifle and shotgun in the country is a logistic impossibility..."

"Show me where Barack Obama is going to take away your shotgun or your handgun? Show me how he's going to accomplish that. I'm a gun owner and I don't feel threatened by Barack Obama."
So you refuse to support the NRA because you claim they are not doing enough to combat a threat you believe to be non-existant.

Exactly how much effort would they need to put into fighting non-existant threats before you would be willing to support them?
Old January 12, 2013, 12:04 AM   #52
bamaee04

I do think that GOA and the NAGR sometimes keep you informed better on breaking legislative news and making it easy to contact Congress, but the NRA still does a great job lobbying and carrying the 2nd Amendment banner. All these organizations need our support more now than ever!
Old January 12, 2013, 12:28 AM   #53
Al Norris
Staff

Maxb49, unless you can substantiate your "theory," this is just another conspiracy thread.

TFL is not Conspiracy Central.