The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 16, 2013, 03:32 PM   #26
djcantr

Which CZ rimfire rifle do you already own? I have a CZ 455 Varmint with .22 LR and .17 HMR barrels. It's pretty dang accurate.
Old January 16, 2013, 04:14 PM   #27
dgludwig

Nice looking squirrel gun, darkgael.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:44 PM   #28
tuck2

Some years ago I fired three rounds from my 308 Morma Mag rifle to see if it was sited in befor going big game hunting. That fall I shot three more rounds to take a pronghorn, mule deer, and elk. So that whole year I shot six rounds from the big game rifle...But I was shooting a lot of ammo from my rimfire and small bore rifles. Nuts, I decided that I would get top quality rifles for the ones I shot the most so I have Cooper 57 M LVT, Kimber 82, and Anschutz rimfire rifles . My cost of ownership per shot for the RF rifles is far less that my big game rifles. My RF rifles are accurate and the wood stocks look good. So for to me they are not spendy.
Old January 17, 2013, 01:09 PM   #29
Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Way to go tuck2!

Can I come and gently run my hand over your Cooper? Pleeeese!

Oh come on, I promise to wash first.

CDOC
Old January 17, 2013, 04:06 PM   #30
CajunBass

I paid $400.00 for this Ruger 77/22 with the scope (used) a few years ago. Well worth the money IMHO. Most all my deer hunting has been done in shotgun only areas, so this is my flirtation with a "nice" rifle.

Made in 1984, the first year of production, it kills squirrels as far away as I'm willing to shoot at them.
John 3:16 (NKJV)