The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 8, 2013, 06:49 PM   #1
whitearrow

what is this 10/22????????

good evening fellas. i was in my lgs the other day and ran across a unique looking 10/22. it was a light colored walnut stocked blued barreled action. the barrel was heavier and longer than a normal 10/22 but not a heavy barrel per say. the barrel had no iron sights on it and i would have sworn that i saw talo edition but maybe getting it confused with the bsa talo edition sitting in the rack next to it. what say y'all about this model? is it rare as i've never seen a 10/22 in that configuration.
thanks,
whitearrow
Old January 8, 2013, 06:58 PM   #2
alex0535

There are a number of companies that make 10/22 receivers and the parts to build one around that receiver.

Might of just been a custom built 10/22.
Old January 8, 2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Pahoo

Rare is relative ???

Quote:
what say y'all about this model? is it rare as i've never seen a 10/22 in that configuration.
There are many 10/22's that perhaps are not rare but not common. I have a pretty good idea what you saw and it sure would help if you could post some pictures. You just have not given us enough information. ....

Sounds like you have what they call, a Distributor Exclusive. Take a look at this one and see if this is what you saw. ....

http://ruger.com/products/1022DE/specSheets/1235.html

Be Safe !!!
Old January 8, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4
whitearrow

negative pahoo. the barrel was like the sporter just longer and no irons. it was not a bull or target barrel per say. i mean it looked slightly heavie than a sporter but not much certainly not as heavy as the bull that you linked to. i wish i could post pics but i'm on a restricted gov't computer and i don't know how this site got thru the filter. usually it says weapons and a block screen comes up.
thanks,
whitearrow
Old January 8, 2013, 08:48 PM   #5
CTS

Did it resemble this: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=325126823
Old January 8, 2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Eghad

Special edition made for a distributor

http://www.taloinc.com/strum_ruger.htm

NRA Life Member
Old January 9, 2013, 05:52 PM   #7
whitearrow

well thanks fellas for trying to help me out. i ending up finding one like it on gunsamerica just like it. google 10/22 11102 and it will be right there. the barrel is 20" with a french walnut stock. i went by my lgs and they had it hid in the back for soem unknown reason. when i asked about it a guy went to the back and brought it outans asked me is this it? i said yep and it want it.
thanks again,
whitearrow