The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 13, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1
greentick

rcbs trim mate made in USA?

Any have one handy? Made in USA or elsewhere? Thanks!

Last edited by greentick; December 13, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old December 13, 2012, 09:47 PM   #2
greentick

Is there no barrel chested, maggot eating, fire pissin, red meat fueled, alcohol cooled, patriotic freedom-fighter amongst you with a trim mate?

Help a brother out
Old December 13, 2012, 10:01 PM   #3
603Country

Do ya mean an RCBS Trim Pro? If so, I have one but I have no idea where it was made. I'll have a look in the morning.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:10 PM   #4
greentick

Trim mate case prep center...

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/Mai...productId=3170
Old December 13, 2012, 10:12 PM   #5
4runnerman

Greentick-- Above- My god i hope you are not going to pay that much for one. Man they are only 124.00 normal and on sale a lot for 99.00.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:22 PM   #6
greentick

oh I know, I think midway has em for 107. Just grabbed that link first. Thanks though.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:28 PM   #7
ricklaut

Picked mine up and looked at the top, bottom and sides.... no markings telling where it's made.

I have no idea where the docs are that go with it, other than I probably didn't throw them away. Sorry - not much help.
Old December 14, 2012, 12:19 AM   #8
reloader28

I could be totally wrong on this, and hope I am, but as far as I know, RCBS stuff has been made in China for about 6 or 8 years now. I think it was the same time they came out with the cheesy Rock Chucker Supreme.
It seems like I seen a show that even showed them making the stuff there and assembled here.
Old December 14, 2012, 02:03 PM   #9
wncchester

"It seems like I seen a show that even showed them making the stuff there and assembled here."

Correct. Of course our gobbermint has so regulated, taxed and limited manufactoring here that it's understandable why we have so little of it left and most of that is quite old so much of it will be phased out over the next few years.

I wouldn't mind too much if RCBS had dropped the prices so their Chinese costs helped us. I would bet they pay China about $35-45 each for their expensive digital powder dumpsters and much less than that for the case prep device.
Old December 14, 2012, 02:46 PM   #10
greentick

I seem to recall a thread here on TFL, maybe in the last year on this topic. Mr Berry talking about how difficult it was to even obtain stuff made in USA for some of their products.

I emailed RCBS and will post the final answer...

Thanks all.
Old December 14, 2012, 05:02 PM   #11
FrankenMauser

Take this into consideration:

If it was eligible to be labeled as "Made in USA", RCBS would have it all over the package, and in every description on retailers' websites.
Old December 16, 2012, 04:07 PM   #12
William T. Watts

RCBS is/was on my buy list for more years than I care to remember, I have reboxed a 1500 charge master that was made in China trying to decide what to do with it. I considered shipping the RCBS product back and maybe replacing it with a Hornady powder dispenser, their reviews were scary. It looks like either keeping the 1500 charge master or forget the powder dispensing option altogether.. It's getting more and more difficult to find products made in America, It's a lose lose situation no matter what I do!! William
Old December 16, 2012, 04:18 PM   #13
jmortimer

RCBS Charge Master is well liked. Really not many other viable options in this category. I'm betting that the Trim Mate would work well, but there are Made in USA options for that category that work as well or better.
Old December 16, 2012, 06:31 PM   #14
solocam72

I have one of these, I just went in and looked all over it and couldn't find anything on it, would imagine china? Maybe tiawan I have used the heck out of mine with no troubles of any kind, I've had this one for several years now, I got it at sportsman warehouse when they first opened in Burlington Wa, think I paid 89.99 for it
Old January 6, 2013, 08:14 PM   #15
greentick

Just to wrap this thread up. I was hoping RCBS would reply but, no surprise, didn't want to fess up to chi-com goods. Like Frankenmauser said, if it was USA made they'd have it in all the product descriptions. Oh well, love the rest of their stuff I own.

Thanks for all the replies.