The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 6, 2013, 12:33 PM   #26
Ozzieman

I’m a big fan of the 26 but for me with the standard magazine the gun was unshootable. Grip was wrong and in a comfortable grip the barrel was pointed so far upward if was difficult to get a rapid sight alignment.
Then the small finger extension. I have 10, 26 magazines and everyone has the small extension.
I then handled a friend’s 26 with a 17 mag and an XGrip extension. A photo is on the thread below. The in the photo it looks like a poor fit and would be sloppy to use. It’s not. It’s a softer rubber and makes the grip very stable. When I’m in the house it’s my main defense tool and it gets this mag inserted.
I tried the 19 mag with a longer extension but didn’t feel good in my hand.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...light=glock+26

Politician's are like diapers.
You need to change them often,,,,, for the same reason!
Old January 6, 2013, 01:19 PM   #27
Theohazard

Quote:
now for concealing Im going for more accuracy, but don't want to sacrifice stopping power. And since im getting a subcompact than the shorter barrel will make less accurate. my question is will the accuracy be further hindered if I go up to 40 cal or 380 auto instead of 9mm. What im trying to do is go 9mm thinking it may be easier to handle and more accurate, but if it doesn't make that big of a difference then i would rather go more stopping power w/ 40 or 380. Just want to make right decision before I make the purchase.
A shorter barrel won't affect accuracy per se, but it will make it slightly more difficult to line the sights up as precisely because of the shorter sight radius. (However, with a shorter sight radius you can line the sights up faster.) The accuracy of the gun is mostly affected by the shooter and the way the gun works for him.

And .380 Glocks aren't available for import into the US, but if they were it would be a decrease in power over the other chamberings. And when it comes to choosing between 9mm and .40, there is virtually no difference in effectiveness when using today's modern hollow points, so pick the one you shoot best and can afford to shoot often.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:45 AM   #28
Redhawk5.5+P+

Converting a 9x19mm to a .40S&W....

Quote:
Slow your roll....
If you want to convert a Glock 9x19mm to a .40, you'd need to replace the slide too(and maybe the springs).
Who said that?