The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 21, 2012, 08:22 PM   #26
tgreening

Quote:
Rights issues aside? C'mon you can't be saying that with a straight face. That's entirely what this is about. Infringement is infringement. That's what scares people.

I mean aside from the point I was trying to make about senselessly overspending on a hi-cap mag because it "might" go away.

I think the rights issue is extremely important, but a separate issue from overspending based on fear. Why would I spend $100 + for a 30 rnd magazine when I can get 3 ten rounders for a third the cost?

Last edited by tgreening; December 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old December 21, 2012, 08:29 PM   #27
tgreening

Quote:
Yes it is very annoying and time consuming to only be able to shoot 10rd mags in your firearm.
Annoying to the point you would spend 10 times the money on that 25 rnd mag? If I can buy a 10 rounder for $10 and a 25 round mag suddenly costs $250 I know which way I'm going to go. I can put up with a fair amount of annoyance for that extra 240 dollars.

The time factor I'm having a hard time grasping. I would imagine it could only take a marginal extra amount of time to load 3 ten round mags as it would to load one 30. You still have to load 30 rounds.

I could understand if ALL magazines for a particular rifle would be going away, with your only chance of having any is to be grandfathered in, but to suddenly be willing to dump 10x the money or more on just a particular kind of magazine when perfectly functional options exist for a fraction of the cost is to me a bit silly.

BUT....it's not my money is it?
Old December 22, 2012, 10:06 PM   #28
2tango2

I'll second the opinion that I won't go bananas paying through the nose for a Pmag. I have a total of 4 on back order with Midway and I'll place another order with Brownells. If they come in good deal ......if not so be it.

My money is that they will come in and I'll have enough mags that I will ever need

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old December 22, 2012, 10:16 PM   #29
misterE

Seen on gunbroker where 5 m14 mags went for $901. No joke. Can't figure how to link the page. Wow!!!!!!