The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 16, 2012, 12:00 AM   #26
drail

One magazine or one cylinder is all I need.
Old December 16, 2012, 10:28 AM   #27
P-990

There is no Holy Grail pistol that will magically make you a National Championship winnter just by picking it up. If you can't hit a 10" plate reliably at 40-feet with a Glock, just picking up an M&P or an XD isn't going to help you (though a 1911 might... ).

As long as I can wrap my mitts around it comfortably, I figure I can probably learn to shoot it well enough to make 25-yard headshots. My preference is for K and L-frame S&Ws, but I can work an N-frame well enough. A 1911 will do as well, as will a 9mm/.40 frame Glock. Or a Hi Power. Or S&W M&P. Or a Sig. However, there are plenty of options.

Lastly, one thought on "natural" and shooting: to paraphrase a rifle team coach I had, you're holding on to a stick that explodes in front of your face. What's so $&*%^% natural about it?