The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 6, 2012, 01:09 PM   #26
scsov509

Here's your cheapest option at Brownells if all you want it for is a trigger job. I personally prefer the KNS Gen 2 Mod 2 sets, and I've bought several of them from this guy on eBay as I've yet to find a better price anywhere else.
Old December 6, 2012, 10:26 PM   #27
Ridge_Runner_5

You don't need anti walk pins unless your parts kit or lower receiver is out of spec. If they aren't walking out now, you don't need them.
Old December 7, 2012, 01:29 AM   #28
scsov509

Quote:
You don't need anti walk pins unless your parts kit or lower receiver is out of spec. If they aren't walking out now, you don't need them.
If he installs the hammer spring as discussed earlier then he'd better have anti-walk pins or they'll be nothing to keep the pins in place.
Old December 7, 2012, 09:12 AM   #29
madcratebuilder

The KNS pins are anti-rotation, anti walk is a side benefit. There are true anti-walk pins that still rotate. Anti-walk pins have a head on one end and a E clip on the other end.
Old December 7, 2012, 01:44 PM   #30
scsov509

Quote:
The KNS pins are anti-rotation, anti walk is a side benefit. There are true anti-walk pins that still rotate. Anti-walk pins have a head on one end and a E clip on the other end.
That's why I suggested the JP Enterprise pin earlier from Brownells. It's only an anti-walk pin which is all the OP would need if he wanted to try moving the hammer spring legs under the trigger pin.