The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 1, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1
ZVP

Generousity pays off!

well they say it's best to give and once again that old saying holds true! I gave mom this "I" Pad for Christmass and she announced Christmass morning to the whole family that I pught to buy myself a new gun! WHo's to look a gift horse in the mouth and pass that one up?
Now the game is to choose a new one...
I have been crusing the net and frankly the best values out there are in the S&W lineup. Yes they are airweights and offered on .38+P but that's enough for most social chores. Even the basic .38 Special load (say the one from Horniday) seems toshoot well in my present Model 36 and I don't see whya steady diet of "standard" 158 gr roundnoses and an occasional diet of the horniday's with the +P's for social work shouldn't hurt the little airweight frame at all.
now you may wonder why I am considering a lightweignt (and inexpensive) revolver for my "another gun"? Well it surrounds part "B" of my plan...
See I also read the handwriting on the wall and havea feeling that civil unrest might be in the future of my Country. Wanting to be prepared I have considered buying a shotgun as my primary home defense gun. I have looked at a fwe hockshops and located some pretty workable deals.
Heck If I play this right I just may get a really good return for my genuine attept at generousity!
Happy New Years to all!
ZVP
Old January 1, 2013, 05:49 PM   #2
2damnold4this

I also think the Airweights are a great value. Good luck on your purchase.