The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 30, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Wyoredman

Campus Murder in Wyoming Today

MODERATORS: If you feel that this thread is out of place, please close it and PM me with your thoughts.

The sad news of the loss of three lives is playing out in our quiet State today.

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/po...a0ac63f1b.html

Please note that the Casper, Wyoming police chief is releasing very little information about this crime, but has stated that "no firearms were used".

I wanted to post the news link so that we firearms enthusiasts can discuss amongst ourselves the spin the press may put on this terrible crime.

Since the facts are just coming in, not much is known at this time, but it is going to be interesting to see how this tragedy is played out in the national headlines. Being it appears not to be a gun crime, yet still a campus murder, how is the press going to play it? How are the anti-gunners going to spin it?

Is this tagedy going to be ignored because it doesn't fit certian agendas?

Anyway, a sad day for Wyoming and the families involved.

Last edited by Wyoredman; November 30, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Lordy123

We need to get serious about Bow control. Why isn't anyone thinking of the children!

On a more serious note, these tragedies seem to be happening far too often.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3
jasmith85

Not to take light of the matter but I just can't help but imagine someone dressed like Robin Hood running around. Its almost as hard to take seriously as a clown murderer.

These things are happening way too often recently. I blame it on the media rather than weapons. The psycho is Colorado got famous and now other people are trying to jump on the bandwagon.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4
klyph3

These types of tragedies cannot be prevented. Those that believe otherwise are fools that ignore humanity's history. My condolences for the loss of life, but any retroactive measures taken will be ineffectual and merely a spectacle to quell the anxiety of the quaking masses.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Ben Towe

Assuming it was a bow; broadheads are extremely deadly. A survivable bullet wound becomes fatal with a broadhead, particularly with some of the the new ones. You would bleed to death in seconds. Sad to hear, but it could spur a campus carry push. Terrible that people have to die before we can defend ourselves.
Old November 30, 2012, 05:49 PM   #6
nate45

Quote:
Not to take light of the matter but I just can't help but imagine someone dressed like Robin Hood running around. Its almost as hard to take seriously as a clown murderer.
I don't think high capacity assault bows and walk by arrowing is funny.

They're scary is what they are High_Capacity_Assault_Bow.jpg.
Old November 30, 2012, 08:47 PM   #7
lamarw

With the sketchy news information, it sounds as though the killer also committed suicide and is one of the three deaths.

CNN mentioned two males and a female as deceased. The report also stated the three knew one another. It almost sounds like a domestic situation, but this is just a guess/speculation.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Not on-topic for this website. And TFL is not the Daily Birdcage Liner.
Old December 1, 2012, 01:35 AM   #9
Aguila Blanca
Staff

This alleged news "story" is obviously a fabrication. How could anyone kill two people and then commit suicide on a college campus without using firearms? That's a ridiculous concept. College campuses all over the country have firearms bans to keep their students and faculty safe. To suggest that banning firearms might not result in absolute safety is an unacceptable heresy.

It was cold here today. I might suggest that this could be because we are entering Winter ... but that would be to take the credit away from global warming.

We must parrot the official version of "truth."