The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 20, 2000, 05:28 AM   #1
Alaska Roy

Anyone? I keep reading the news about "rubber" bullets in use in Israel but have yet to ever see them F/S at any gunshows stateside? Thanks all, Roy!
Old December 20, 2000, 05:59 AM   #2
iso1

I don't know where to get them, and I wouldn't buy them if I did.

Too many legal issues about it, especially if you use them for HD, and some BG ends up dead anyway. Can you say civil suit? I knew you could.....

I'm not required to protect the criminal's life. But I AM required to protect my own.
Old December 20, 2000, 12:05 PM   #3
Payette Jack

I used to get a catalog from Shomer-Tec that had all the cool 12 gauge options. Rubber shot, flares, "bird bombs", lead powder (for blowing doors off of thier hinges), etc. Try a search for "law enforcement products".
Old December 20, 2000, 12:14 PM   #4
solo

If you reload you can get X-Ring rubber bullets from the midway catalog. These bullets are primer powered only (no powder). As far as aquiring the type of ammo that the isralei soldiers use which does have powder as a propellent I do not know. I have bought some Speer plastic bullets which are primer powered, they are fun but only travel about 100yds if the angle is right.
Old December 20, 2000, 12:18 PM   #5
Bruegger

Where do I buy a rubber rifle to shoot these in?
Old December 20, 2000, 12:22 PM   #6
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

Most of the "rubber bullets" that I know for use against people are actually rubber loaded shotgun shells. I've seen them loaded with rubber pellets a little smaller than 00 buckshot, rubber discs and a rubber slug.

There are products on the market which are rubber slugs that load into a modified cartridge case, and use magnum primers for propellant, but as far as I know these products are pistol calibres only and used for target practice on indoor ranges.

LawDog

Bona na Croin

The LawDog Files
Old December 20, 2000, 12:44 PM   #7
IZZY

What the Israelis use is an can attachment to the M-16 via adaptor. It is fired by blank bullets and launches a bunch of rubber coated steel balls at once. I know they get most of it from america cause Europe has stopped selling them riot control gear.

I have no idea where to get this stuff...no Idea about legalities and doubt that the manufactures will sell to any other tan a Police/fed agency...
Old December 20, 2000, 03:28 PM   #8
jthuang

I seem to recall Dillon selling them as well (X-Ring bullets?). Might want to check their web site or your copy of the Blue Press.

Justin
Old December 20, 2000, 04:06 PM   #9
Poodleshooter

Rubber bullets always remind me of that bit of advice dad (or someone else) gave me when teaching me about gun safety. That is, the "Don't ever point a gun at something you don't intend to kill" piece of advice.
Old December 21, 2000, 12:43 AM   #10
Sword

Rubber Bullets?

If you're into reloading, I know a guy that can give you a lot of his checks to reload with.