The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old November 25, 2012, 12:25 AM   #1
jabraun98

Quick Question

I am really looking into buying a Savage Mark II. I am not looking to spend more than $225. I like the model that has the extended bolt handle for training for bigger caliber guns but i dont like the price of that model(Too Much :frown: ). So could i get a less expensive model and get an extended bolt handle for that model?
Jabraun
Old November 25, 2012, 01:04 AM   #2
big al hunter

I am not sure if you can get the replacement bolt that you want. But I am sure that there is more to shooting than the size of the bolt handle. I suggest you get the less expensive model and practice the more important parts of shooting. All models have slightly different bolts anyway. You will have to get used to a different bolt with any new gun. The difference will not slow you down for more than a few shots. The basic motion is the same, your muscles will remember what to do quickly.
Concentrate on shooting fundamentals and not creating bad habits. I think any 22 makes a good trainer for that.