The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 22, 2012, 04:54 PM   #26
velocette

MarkCO has a lot of excellent points & clearly speaks from a position of knowledge / experience. The only area that I might not quite agree is on the triggers. I have three AR rifles, one .308 & two .223. One has a JP trigger, one has a Rock River 2 stage match & one has a Geissele 2 stage hi speed match trigger. The Geissele trigger is hands down, no contest the best.
Learn to reload, develop loads that YOUR rifle likes and practice practice practice. Then practice some more and collect your winnings.

Roger
Old November 22, 2012, 10:59 PM   #27
MarkCO

Roger, we probably agree on the trigger. I just don't like to see people spend a ton of money on a trigger when they won't benefit from it until many thousadn rounds downrange and good technique is developed.

I really like my JP and Jard triggers, but the Geissele, there are a few different ones and I have not liked any of them...but just preference. The AR Gold is also expensive and great, just not my preference either.