The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 14, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1
TunnelRat

M&P 45c: Experience?

Hi all,
Recently handled one of these in my LGS. Seems like a darn good size for a 45 ACP, very Glock 19 size which I love. Many of my state LE agencies are switching to the M&P 45 full size and I thought this might make a good carry gun. Any folks out there with experience with it? How has it been feeding various ammo? I'd really love to snag one in that flat dark earth color. I also hear S&W will be upgrading the trigger in them in the near future if they haven't already.

Thanks,
-TR
Old October 14, 2012, 03:18 PM   #2
shortwave

Quote:
I also hear S&W will be upgrading the trigger in them in the near future if they haven't already.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the newer models that are out do have the updated version of the trigger. But I can't tell you when the newer version was implemented nor serial numbers when they started.

Quote:
Many of my state LE agencies are switching to the M&P 45 full size and I thought this might make a good carry gun.
Cols.,Ohio, for one, switched to the M&P and the general feed back from the academy instructors and street patrol is very positive. A friend of mine whom is LE with CPD and a person in which shoots weekly(they do exist), has the 45C and it's been 100% reliable out of the box. I've had the pleasure to shoot his multiple times with various type ammo(ball and HP's) and have never had an issue.

Too, I like the way it handles.

FWIW, I'm convinced enough in the 45C that it will be my next cc purchase.

...and no, I'm not a salesman for S&W.
Old October 14, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3
plateshooter

I have a 45c. Mine is a few years old. The trigger sucked when I got it. The Apex sear and some striker block work made it my favorite 45. Mine shoots everything I put in it from lead reloads, Wolf or Tula steel case ammo, HP, lead SWC, and ball bullets.

I really like the size of it, and the accuracy is outstanding for me. I don't have anything negative to say about it.

My personal experience, yours may vary
Old October 14, 2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Jimtl

I have one and also installed the Apex sear and striker block kit ... Very nice trigger and a very accurate gun.