The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 9, 2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Mystro

Colt Gunsite SS..What's a good price for a used/never fired???

My neighbor has a SS Colt Gunsite 1911 he bought a few years. It's SS model that he hasn't shot. He bought it and stored it. It's a nice looking gun but isn't as tight as a custom gun. He wants to sell it to me with 6 new Wilson mags. What's a good price??? I have owned enough Colt 1911's to know all the ones I have owned required some $$ to get them what I would consider respectable. This Gunsite model isn't too bad so I may buy it for the right price.

FYI...I did attend Gunsite but the branding isn't a big deal for me on a gun.
Old October 9, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Creeper

Gunsite is, according to their website, selling the Colt version for $1225 new... so maybe $800 to $900 would be a working price for me.
The two I've handled have been 100% reliable for their respective owners, and the few internet reviews I've seen have been complimentary as well.

I wouldn't worry to much about a "zero fit" slide to frame on a carry gun... sometimes that "feature" is more trouble than it's worth.

C