The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 17, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1
taylor351

Is it worth the money?

I am looking at a FN FNP 45. Guy has 1 with 2 hi cap mags to go with it and says only 300-350 rounds through it. He wants $600. Is that about right to high?

Description

The FNP-45 features traditional double-action/single-action (DA/SA) operation, a high-capacity polymer frame with interchangeable backstrap inserts, accessory rail and ambidextrous frame-mounted decocking levers and magazine release. The FNH-45''s barrel is hammer-forged and the stainless steel slide has a hard, matte black Melonite® finish for added durability. The FNP-45 also offers a loaded chamber indicator on the external extractor. A variety of standard and night sights are available. All FNPs come standard with three magazines and a lockable hard case.

Beautiful weapon, unfortunately I need to pay for school right now. Asking $600.00 or best offer. Has only been fired twice with about 300-350 rounds put through it.
Old October 17, 2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Xfire68

It's a fantastic gun so you won't go wrong there.

It sells new for around $625-$650 and can be found on sale at times for $600.

It is sold in "Normal" states with 2 Hi cap mags and one 10 rounder I think..

Not high as long as the gun is in good shape..

www.aac300blackoutbrass.com A Veteran owned Business.
Old October 17, 2012, 06:16 PM   #3
jasmith85

They are great guns. A friend of mine had an FNP40 and it was extremely accurate and reliable during the few hundred rounds I got to put through it. The only issue that I have with them is when the FNX went on sale the price of the FNP jumped up a lot. When my friend bought his he gave just over $400 for it new from cheaper than dirt. Now people are asking more than that for used ones.
Old October 17, 2012, 06:18 PM   #4
loose_holster_dan

good gun. in a hicap 45 at that price range i personally prefer the ergos of the xdm myself.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old October 17, 2012, 07:30 PM   #5
mdThanatos

I would counter with $500-550 and see if he takes it if you are really interested. You can get a new FNX for $636 from Budsgunshop. Gunbroker has a used FNP 45 at $499 right now with a buy it now price of $599, no reserve that one is that shooters pack so mag holder, holster and then 3 mags total (1 15 rd 2 14 rd). So I think there a better deals out there as most of the FN pistols came with 3 mags, when I was looking at them they did.