The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 22, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Smit

Glock Sights

I have recently acquired a new Glock 20 from my local FFL dealer. First Glock I have owned and loving it so far (except for 10mm prices).
My question:

I bought the gun with green night sights (they are the tubular kind I believe HiViz but not sure). To replace these, do you just slide the new color into sights themselves? I heard this somewhere but wanted to confirm this. Thanks,
Old September 22, 2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Shoot45's

Knock out the old sight first then knock the new one in.
Or you could stop the knocking and get your self a Glock sight tool. Great one to have because you can make micro adjustments at the range and it simplifies the whole process.
Old September 23, 2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Ralph Allen

Look on the Glock box that it came in. If it says night sights, they should be factory Glock night sights. These show green at night, but are bright silver viewed in bright light. Great sights. Don't have a clue why anyone would want to change these, unless maybe they are some aftermarket ones that just don't fit your style. If you do decide to change them out, you might want to find a gunsmith who has the tool and knowledge to do this.
Ralph
Old September 23, 2012, 09:03 PM   #4
plouffedaddy

You said tubes.... Are they fiber optic?
Old September 24, 2012, 08:18 PM   #5
lyodbraun

post some pics of the sights that will help out ...
Old September 25, 2012, 02:38 AM   #6
Smit

Thanks guys,

Yea I would have taken a pic already but my camera is on the fritz. The sights were stock when bought, but the FFL dealer has the tool and installed green fiber optics for the front and rear sights. I believe they are HiViz and he stated you should be able to slide them right out and slide a different colored new one right in. I don't like the green on green as it makes a little cross-eyed due to the overlay. Thanks,