The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 30, 2012, 03:27 PM   #1
AdamSean

Any experience with the Caracal?

I was reading an article by Rob Pincus of the Personal Defense Network and they posted a list of the optimum self defense pistol. Of course Glock was on that list and I have been thinking of buying a Glock 19 here soon. But another pistol on that list was the Caracal C. I have looked at some info on it and have seen where I can get one for $100 less than the Glock. One article said the Caracal performed better than the Glock due to it unique design features. I am very tempted to buy the Caracal C with the standard sights, but want to hear from some who have actually owned and fired one. I want some real world advice, not just opinions from those who have never even seen one.

And so it begins...lol
Old September 30, 2012, 04:15 PM   #2
spodwo

I have the Caracal F, the Glock G19, the S&W M&P. Caracal wins. I have shot mine with no failures, it was inherently accurate for me out of the box. I didn't have to blow through hundreds of rounds to get used to it. Very smooth shooting - doesn't feel like a 9mm round is coming out of that barrel - almost something smaller. I will get the C model next but I will get the quick sights on that one. I would really llike to see the SubC imported but that may be a while before that can happen.

It certainly fits my hand better than the G19. It's trigger to me is a bit better than the Glock, definitely better than the S&W.

It fits very nicely in the hand.

Other threads on on the Caracal..

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...hlight=caracal

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...hlight=caracal
Old September 30, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3
AdamSean

I think that was my biggest wonder. How did it feel compared to the Glock. I like the Glock grip angle, but they always felt a little bulky. What I have been reading has been leading me to get the Caracal. I was thinking of the Sig Sauer Sig Pro SP2022, but for the same price, I can get a better gun that will be more concealable and better suited for self defense.
Old October 1, 2012, 10:32 PM   #4
bitttorrrent

Have a 10mm, .45 and just new in box G17, but still like my Caracal F better.

I have been wrapped up in some things - work etc. so have not had a chance to get out much, but will do a head to head of Caracal and G17 - which has like 50 rnds. thru it at the moment.

But I agree that the Glocks are a bit bulkier,blockier than the Caracal.

I don't have many rounds through it - but has been reliable and accurate and out of all my guns, would be my go to gun. Simple and accurate. I don't even have to think about it compared to some of my nines - like Taurus pt92, Baretta px4 storm etc. All great guns, but the Caracal is just simple beauty.