The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 12, 2012, 11:14 AM   #1
rrp

Redding customer service

I contacted Redding about a bent depriming assembly for my 256 Win mag die and was pleasantly surprised that the tech told me, it would be in the next days mail, at no charge. Now that's great service! Thanks Redding.
Old September 12, 2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Creeper

Good deal.

In my personal experience, Redding, Forster, Wilson and Dillon are all like that. The don't even think twice about sending out little replacement items, and frequently do it with larger, more expensive items as well.
When it comes to returning parts and components to them, they all work on the honor system, and really would like to see the item so that if possible, it can be improved/corrected... not just so they can justify a warranty claim.

Cheers,
C
Old September 13, 2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Tom68

Also had a very pleasant experience with Redding customer service. Just bought .308 Win dies, and my first time using them had problems seating Berger VLDs and 110 grain varmint bullets (low-recoil practice for my son). I simply couldn't get the bullets to seat to the proper depth, as the die bottomed out before proper OAL was reached.

Redding rep quickly said that he bet I was using VLDs (I hadn't even told him that part yet). When I confirmed, he identified the proper seating stem for that bullet and said it would be in the mail that day, no charge. Received it 3 days later. I was very pleased, and now I have flexibility in bullet selection for that particular caliber.