The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 10, 2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Guv

A Different? TomCat Problem

Just an FYI for fellow 3032 owners, upon firing my TomCat today I had the slide fail to return to battery twice. After an inspection, the left side of the trigger stirrup (where the pivot pin goes thru) broke about 1/2 off and lodged between the slide and end of the frame. I will be contacting Beretta but wanted to let fellow owners know about another issue to keep an eye out for. After removing the broken piece the gun appeared to be okay but I sure wouldn't want to have this happen at the wrong time.
Old October 1, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Guv

Update:
So Beretta sent a UPS to pick my Tomcat up at my house (after contacting them) on the 14th of Sept. Today my Tomcat was delivered to my neighbors house (at my request) free of charge with a new trigger. Can't complain, overall pretty painless.
Old October 2, 2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Stressfire

Just curious how "well-used" was the pistol prior to breakage. Was it a new one that broke and Beretta is standing behind fixing a mistake, or just a well-worn part?
Old October 2, 2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Guv

Less than 50 rounds of Herters brass 71gr. Bought new at Academy and it was the display model. The gun funtioned and shot very well up untill the problem described. Beretta was very helpfull and really couldn't have made it any easier to ship and receive (the Beretta guy mentioned Texas several times though). I sent an e-mail and they responded with a phone call and a few days later it was on it's way. The part in question does appear to be a little on the delicate side though, I wonder if when on display some bugger tried to pull the trigger with the safety on and tweaked it a little They made on mention of why the part failed.
Old October 3, 2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Stevie-Ray

Good on Beretta for the fast turnaround and service. Guess they're not the oldest company in the world for no reason.
Old October 3, 2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Stressfire

Quote:
Less than 50 rounds of Herters brass 71gr.
Yikes

Good indeed, that they are making it right. Gives that warm, fuzzy feeling