The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 8, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1
idek

Know anything about Zabala SxS's?

I was in a gunshop today and saw a 20 ga SxS. The barrels were 26" I'm thinking. I shouldered it and it seemed to mount and line up with my eye well. The gun was made by Zabala and imported be Kassnar (I may be mispelling that). I don't know the specific model though. I looked to be in nice condition and the asking price was around $550.

Can anyone tell me if these are decent guns? If I got it, it would be for upland hunting.
Old September 8, 2012, 03:48 PM   #2
PetahW

They were a VERY inexpensive Spanish import, "ok" for occassional hunting/shooting, but not meant for any sort of continued use, as in shooting clays (Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, etc), since internal hardening of parts is iffy, and replacement parts unobtainium.

Easily worth $300 for a 20ga (less for a 12ga), there's no way I could advise paying over $400 for one, never mind $550.

Old September 8, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3
idek

Thanks for the reply. Even if I only intended to use it for some hunting, I'd prefer it be durable enough for heavier use. I had wondered how difficult it would be to replace parts if necessary. Looks like I'll pass on this one.