The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 25, 2013, 03:10 AM   #1
HamMach1

FNH make a good .40 or .45?

I have an M&P9 but I want to own another handgun with a larger caliber, like a .40 or .45. Just wondering if FNH makes a good .40 or .45, because I have had my eye on a FNS/FNX for a loooooooooooong time after I shot an FNX-9 at the range once.
Old June 26, 2013, 08:05 AM   #2
rodfac

Yep....my buddy has a .40 as you describe, gets great accuracy from it, and loves the feel of the gun in his hands. It's been 100% reliable with factory rounds to date...over 1000 rounds now...and is his bedside piece. The price was right and it fit him better than a Glock 23 which was the alternative. .40 ammunition is a little easier to find locally vs. say 9mm and has a bit more umph to it for defensive purposes. Rod
Old June 26, 2013, 02:28 PM   #3
weblance

I recently bought an FNX-45 and its excellent. Here is a link to my range report, and another range report from another satisfied owner...

My Range Report

Another Range Report